Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-12-2016, 04:06 AM   #1

Sprinter "Tunja" seat coverings

My 4X4 Sprinter is in Texas and SMB is about to start the conversion. Does anyone have comments about the standard MB "Tunja" seat fabric as used on the driver and passenger seats? The three choices seem to be Tunja, real leather, or ultra-leather. I've experienced the Tunja in other Sprinters and it seems functionally fine, but I'm concerned that it won't blend well with the rest of the interior. I'm a very active outdoors person and cyclist. My build will be "the ultimate adventure van" for outdoors people. When the time comes that I have to sell the van, I want it to be instantly appealing to anyone who shows interest in it. A combination of practicality and relative luxury. Any thoughts or ideas?

JimmyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 07:09 AM   #2

Just purchased a set of seat covers and arm rests from Marathon Seat Cover company out of Bozeman, Mt. They have many different colors and combinations.
Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 05:55 PM   #3

If Tunja is the stock seat from M-B we're happy with them. Jumped in and out after runs and hikes and they clean up well. Loving the seat heaters since it was -7F Saturday morning.
Old 01-19-2016, 04:33 AM   #4

Thanks Doc. It looks like my build will be very similar to yours, and I see that we both live in cold climates (Massachusetts, where it is currently 15F). Do you have auxiliary heat in your van? I'm asking SMB to install the propane furnace and to add "extra" insulation for keeping the van warm/cool and to minimize road noise.
JimmyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 08:29 AM   #5

We have the propane furnace and it rocks! Didn't add extra insulation. We slept in it a few weeks ago at 20 and no issues with the top down. Did have a cold spot near the storage shelves, but nothing good blanket placement couldn't handle. It was below zero this Saturday so I fired up the furnace for our dog while we practiced yoga. Got back to the van almost two hours later to a warm happy dog ready to go hiking.
Old 01-24-2016, 10:16 AM   #6

I second the stock Mercedes cloth seats. The ultraleather does feel amazing, but it just didn't seem worth the big price hike to have them redone. The black/grey weave blends really well with the cab of the van since it matches the front dash and paneling.

I know there are aftermarket seat cover options, but I worry about them interfering with the side impact airbags mounted inside the factory seats. I think those airbags are now standard in all Sprinters.
Ned5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 11:25 AM   #7

I have a 2012 Sprinter with swivel seats and the standard covering. It looks good and is wearing well, so I'm happy with it. Don't know if it's tunja, though.
SteveTOaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 10:18 AM   #8

seat covers?

hi all -- looking for wisdom and recommendation from the group (again!). we've got 2017 mb sprinter with tunja seats but are looking for washable seat covers. i've tried sprinterstore.com and others who don't carry anything that works with airbag deployment. has anyone found something that works, fits and looks decent?
thanks much!
sprinter209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 04:06 AM   #9
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprinter209 View Post
hi all -- looking for wisdom and recommendation from the group (again!). we've got 2017 mb sprinter with tunja seats but are looking for washable seat covers. i've tried sprinterstore.com and others who don't carry anything that works with airbag deployment. has anyone found something that works, fits and looks decent?
thanks much!
There's a thread here detailing my own experience with a seat cover maker---used them for a NICE set of E-Series covers in black 1000 Denier authentic Cordura, highly recommend them for most any seat covers. Here's that thread: http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...nts-20851.html

There's a few other ideas and suggestions there too!

Here's the link to DecorAuto: https://decorauto.com/

HTH
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 08:43 AM   #10

thanks so much! really appreciate your thoughtful help. unfortunately, similar to others i've found, they don't seem to have anything for 2017 mercedes sprinter. i'll keep looking, though.
sprinter209 is offline   Reply With Quote