Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-07-2016, 02:34 PM   #31

Hello -- I am in Phoenix and have a 2014 RB Sportsmobile Sprinter and would be glad to talk/show. Nick in Fresno helped me with mine. I sent a number in PM.

sea4joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 09:37 PM   #32

Suggested updates:

6.c. Cassette toilet is an option. I understand Austin will install it and Fresno not. Don't have info for Huntington.

4x4 or 2wd? Note that 4x4 is lifted and can take larger than stock rims and tires.

Tire size and tread preference based on terrain to be driven.

Bead-lock rims for airing down and either portable or on-board air for airing-up?

1.f. Some highly urban parallel parking spaces are as short as 18 ft.

3500 model has rear DRW (dual rear wheels). SMB is very reticent to build on 2500 (SRW-Single Rear Wheels) in EB and LB sizes due to extra weight. 3500 may be offered with super-single option in 2018, but super-singles do not air-down well. DRW are problematic for off roading as rocks can jam between the two tires and rupture them. SMB prefers to build on 2500 (SRW) only in the SB length.

Is there room in engine compartment for 2nd battery, 2nd alternator, and on-board air, or would one of the batteries or alternators need to be eliminated for compressor to be mounted in engine compartment? Portable compressors can be stored elsewhere and plugged in or clamped to battery terminals.

Hellwig helper springs?

Suspension upgrade by Agile Off Road: http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...kit-17484.html

Skid plates by Van Compass: http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...ers-17752.html

Some Aluminess items cannot be installed by SMB and must be done at Aluminess facility.

Jack type? High lift jack can be mounted to front Aluminess bumper or to rear box. Other recovery equipment can be mounted to rear box, but custom attachment points need to be pre-speced.

Are floor-accessed under-carriage storage boxes an option on Sprinters?

Is full time rear view camera/monitor available?

Include link: Mercedes-Benz Vans: Sprinter and Metris Commercial Vehicles to view factory choices.
TomH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 08:01 PM   #33

Fox suspension upgrade by Van Compass:

http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...its-17744.html
TomH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 11:26 AM   #34

Do not order factory rails if you plan on getting a PH. The rails will have to be removed and holes filled as the PH top rests on the rail grove when closed.
JFlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 11:27 AM   #35

Also, swivel seats again available on 2017 models. Order them!
JFlo is offline   Reply With Quote