Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-19-2015, 05:48 PM   #21

Re: Whitefeather 4X4 conversion

Jumping in here - took delivery of my Whitefeather 4x4 conversion 08/2014. I went that way because I didn't want to wait for Mercedes' version, which keeps disappearing into the future...

The Whitefeather is a real 4x4, part time, locking hubs, TruTrak, low range, etc. and lifted 4.5 inches with the wheelbase widened.

Comment on low range - we've already taken the Sprinter into spots so steep that low range helped both with ascending and descending - for descending, helps to keep from feeling like we're ruining the brakes. I'm really glad it's there.

You may or may not "need" it - it feels pretty ridiculous to be piloting this big vessel up and down some of these spots - but it also means I get to go where I want to go. So far.

YMMV.

myfingersaresore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 06:55 AM   #22

Re: Whitefeather 4X4 conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by myfingersaresore
Jumping in here - took delivery of my Whitefeather 4x4 conversion 08/2014. I went that way because I didn't want to wait for Mercedes' version, which keeps disappearing into the future...

The Whitefeather is a real 4x4, part time, locking hubs, TruTrak, low range, etc. and lifted 4.5 inches with the wheelbase widened.

Comment on low range - we've already taken the Sprinter into spots so steep that low range helped both with ascending and descending - for descending, helps to keep from feeling like we're ruining the brakes. I'm really glad it's there.

You may or may not "need" it - it feels pretty ridiculous to be piloting this big vessel up and down some of these spots - but it also means I get to go where I want to go. So far.

YMMV.
Thanks for jumping in fingers and welcome to the forums! Would be great to see some of your conversion pictures.

tv
tonyvoudy is offline   Reply With Quote