Xantrex Freedom 3012 Lithium Charge Profile
Recently had this series of events for our inverter/charger while hooked up to 110V shore power. The alternator/balmar regulator have no issues.
1. Connected shore power and closed the shore power breaker. 110 to the van as always and the charger started putting juice to the 600Ah lithionics battery bank.
2. However, the BMS started alarming as the bulk charge maxed at 14.8V, which is the HVC for lithium.
3. A bit of troubleshooting and mostly help from Brian at Momentum Vans identified the issue.
4. All I can think of is the Xantrex had somehow reset. The charge profile was incorrect.
5. Went into advanced settings and changed the profile back to “Custom” as is required for lithium, the attached photo shows settings. Also 2-stage setup, correct amp hours for bank, etc.
6. Then enabled charge again.
7. However, the voltage to the batteries still climbs up to 14.7/14.8V in bulk which causes the BMS to alarm. I never let it get to the point where the Lithionics Neverdie system would shut down the juice, but I’m puzzled why my custom charge profile doesn’t limit the voltage to the batteries to 14.4 bulk as is set.
We have such a large bank at 600Ah I almost never need to use shore juice to keep it topped up so at this point I’ve disabled the charger.
2017 4X4 2500 144" Stone Grey High Top