Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-02-2020, 12:12 PM   #11
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsherpa View Post
Is Napa / Dorman under that umbrella of "Factory" for you?
"Factory" for me would mea original production parts, those used during the actual assembly while the vehicle type was still in active and sold through the dealer network.

Since the Dorman/NAPA offerings are what's readily available these days they'd have to suffice as replacement parts. Maybe not the same relatively high quality as OEM parts if they're all that's available we'd have little choice but to use them.

Time permitting I'll call my local Ford dealer to see if they have those bushing or assemblies still available or at least Ford part numbers.

JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 02:39 PM   #12

JWA,
Here are the part number cross references.
One of the next steps would be to see if these have any other applications.

Dorman 924-057
https://www.dormanproducts.com/p-752...rigin=oesearch

4C2Z1000155AA FORD MOTOR COMPANY
7C2Z1000154A FORD MOTOR COMPANY
F2UZ1000157A FORD MOTOR COMPANY
N811895S300 FORD MOTOR COMPANY

Dorman 924-055
https://www.dormanproducts.com/p-782...rigin=oesearch
5UZ1000154A FORD MOTOR COMPANY
F5UZ1000155LB FORD MOTOR COMPANY
N811231S102 FORD MOTOR COMPANY

Dorman 924-056
https://www.dormanproducts.com/p-752...rigin=oesearch
8C2Z1000154A FORD MOTOR COMPANY
8C2Z1000154B FORD MOTOR COMPANY
D5UZ1000155AA FORD MOTOR COMPANY
F2UZ1000157A FORD MOTOR COMPANY
N811895S300 FORD MOTOR COMPANY
desertsherpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 05:21 AM   #13
JWA

Quote:
JWA,
Here are the part number cross references.
One of the next steps would be to see if these have any other applications.
Great info DSherpa---thanks for doing the research!

Ford--to my knowledge---doesn't have a "where used" search function through their normal parts departments. The prefix 4 digit in the part number tends to say on what chassis and year a part was used, the X substituted for a number that covers a single or multiple years as might be necessary to specify.

The xC2Z- typically designates it was a part used on a Ford E-Series. The second field being the "call out" number which identifies it more specifically, in this case a body/frame cushion etc. Any digits or letters following will typically say if its a newer design or slight variation of the original part.

Also keep in mind any part number is subject to being superseded by another number but its the same part fit, function and installation-wise.

Since Dorman---whose said to be an OEM supplier of some parts---has conveniently grouped the various Ford p/n's under a single one of their's says the bushings are somewhat common in assembling Ford bodies to frames.

Any of the numbers you list should be very useful finding the exact part from a seller somewhere. I used several posted doing a quick Google search and found a number of NOS Ford parts, more than enough Dorman parts to fit most needs.

From that POV I'd say any part bought under one of the listed numbers could be considered "factory" as they'd be direct fits.

HTH
Old 08-05-2020, 12:20 PM   #14

We still haven't answered the question :

"Can I order some combination of mounts from S&B to go to silicone"?

Its tough to imagine these are specific to the van platform, but I cant find any corss references.
desertsherpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 04:10 PM   #15

I generally consider Dorman stuff to be OEM equivalent. Some of their stuff is probably better (like blend door actuators) and some is far superior (Napa OE Solutions, which is when Dorman reengineers faulty factory designs and fixes the flaw, such as Ford's older alternator connector, or Chryslers minivans with self-uninstalling serpentine belts)
Old 08-06-2020, 05:31 AM   #16
JWA

Quote:
We still haven't answered the question :

"Can I order some combination of mounts from S&B to go to silicone"?

Its tough to imagine these are specific to the van platform, but I cant find any corss references.
You can visit aftermarket automotive manufacturers like Pro-Thane or Energy Suspension to check their "universal" offerings which include body bushings. Of course choosing the right part will depend you have some dimensions of the existing parts, match them pretty much yourself.
Old 02-23-2021, 05:14 AM   #17

I too am about to replace all my body mounts and I'm trying not to get stuck with wrong parts or missing parts half way through. Can you guys help me make sure I am ordering the rights stuff please.

So here is what I figured out I need for my long wheel base 2005 E350:

Qty. 2 - Doorman 924-055 Body Position 1
Qty. 2 - Doorman 924-057 Body Position 5
Qty. 8 - Doorman 924-056 Body Position 2, 3, 4, 6

What I'm confused by is that on my long wheel base there is a 7th position and thats what I haven't sorted out just yet. I have attached 2 screenshots showing regular v. extended. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
2005 E350 Extended.jpg   Ford E350 Regular.jpg  
VMCFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 08:29 AM   #18

VMCfred, I think you're mistakenly calling your van a long wheelbase. The 4th gen ford Van's only come in one wheelbase (137" I think). What you mean to say is you have an extended body van. The EB Van's have 2 additional body mounts in the rear.
Your drawings are correct the left is the EB drawing. The drawing is a bit confusing. Look at the mount on the rear side of the wheel hump, they both have that. Now go back further the drawing on the right only has one mount, the EB has two.
Lilnuts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 10:01 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilnuts2 View Post
VMCfred, I think you're mistakenly calling your van a long wheelbase. The 4th gen ford Van's only come in one wheelbase (137" I think). What you mean to say is you have an extended body van. The EB Van's have 2 additional body mounts in the rear.
Your drawings are correct the left is the EB drawing. The drawing is a bit confusing. Look at the mount on the rear side of the wheel hump, they both have that. Now go back further the drawing on the right only has one mount, the EB has two.
Thank you and yes, I meant extended body van. With that said, what should I order?

Qty. 2 - Doorman 924-055 Body Position 1
Qty. 2 - Doorman 924-057 Body Position 5
Qty. 10 - Doorman 924-056 Body Position 2, 3, 4, 6, 7?
VMCFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 11:00 AM   #20

This should clear things up for you.
Basically you need to purchase 2 more of the main body mounts.

https://www.sportsmobileforum.com/fo...unt-25429.html
Lilnuts2 is offline   Reply With Quote