Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-18-2020, 02:09 PM   #21

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejm View Post
Wow that sure puts salt in the wound. If I go the insurance claim route to get an OEM cat, would I still run into that issue?
They didn't even look at my van. They scanned the paper and said nope. I'd guess it wouldn't matter what cat was installed.i was told that installing an oem cat was a surefire way for it to get swiped again real quick. I used a Walker CalCat unit that is 50 state legal and the shop believed that was the right move for the current issues.

Scott

REDOVAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 02:38 PM   #22

I wonder if that will work with my van. I have a 2010 and the Walker website doesn't list anything available. It has something for the 2008 but that is the last year they have listed. I wonder if there were changes to regulations???
thejm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 02:40 PM   #23

Garage
Quote:
I wonder if that will work with my van. I have a 2010 and the Walker website doesn't list anything available. It has something for the 2008 but that is the last year they have listed. I wonder if there were changes to regulations???
Here is what I used

Scott
Attached Thumbnails
20200914_181223.jpg  
Old 09-18-2020, 02:45 PM   #24

ok thanks. Their website points to using # 83692 for a 2008 V10. Mine being 2010, I believe they are the same without any significant changes.
thejm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 07:37 AM   #25

Quote:
Just went out to start my van and discovered that mine was stolen too. Really feeling violated right now...
Wow, you guys need lazier thieves! Everywhere I go lately (not west coast) they just stand there with a sign at stop lights waiting on the pity of people who get tired of them staring. You guys actually have thieves with tools. Probably your tools. Better check that too.
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 11:51 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfreeman View Post
Hi All,

I woke up to the unfortunate realization that my van's catalytic converter had been cut out today. Has anyone dealt with this on the V10?

Is it ok to drive like this until I find a place to fix it?

Any Idea how much this might cost to replace?

Any good mechanics in the Sacramento area?

Thanks !

-Patrick
Do like I did. Weld on a flange on each end of exhaust pipe and put a straight pipe there and go. If you live where you have to smog check it get a cat and do the same. Bolt on-bolt off. You don't need a cat anyway. They just spit out sparks and cause even more fires than we already have
Beasty Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 03:36 PM   #27

Garage
Update to this never ending issue....I spoke with a CA BAR referee and he noted that the converter I purchased was incorrect (indeed incorrect for my application). He said the only two options that are CA legal and approved by the BAR are Magnaflow 445300 (direct replacement) and 4451300 (universal fitment). No other units are allowed through the BAR approval process. Nearly $750 later I have one on the way and I'm a bit sour to say the least. It's also important to note that it has to be professionally installed with an invoice from an approved shop in order to pass inspection. This is still an open deal for me though as I do all of my own exhaust work...I anticipate it will be yet another problem.

https://www.magnaflow.com/products/4...ytic-converter

Scott
Old 11-10-2020, 05:16 PM   #28

What was the reason you had to go to the referee to smog?
Old 11-11-2020, 08:16 AM   #29

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikracer View Post
What was the reason you had to go to the referee to smog?
Mine was triggered from a lack of running OBD2 monitors from the last smog check in 2018. I left the tuner on as an experiment to see if it would pass and it did....but it shouldn't have. The fact that the converter needs replacement and all that business is a coincidence as a month after that smog check the OEM cat was stolon off the van and landed us here. In the big picture it's a minor setback but not a big problem as my referee was very forthcoming and willing to talk through all the issues that could come up and how to work them out.

Scott
Old 11-11-2020, 02:41 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDOVAL View Post
Nearly $750 later I have one on the way and I'm a bit sour to say the least. Scott
That's just adding insult to injury......bummer
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote