Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-20-2021, 01:28 PM   #1

2007 e350 tuner drama

I have an 2007 e350 v10 with a Quigley conversion, and I live in California. A few years ago I bought a few tunes and a tuner from 5star tuning and they worked really well. My van was broken in to, and I didn’t realize they stole the tuner, with the stock map saved in it. I’ve got to smog my van next month, and 5star can no longer sell tuners to California, and even if they could, they couldn’t give me the stock tune back they say. The local dealership is pretty confident they can’t put the stock map back in as well, they are under the impression it’s no longer available to them through their dealer portal. Any suggestions?

dickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 01:37 PM   #2

Garage
I have a 5-Star for a 2006 I would gladly lend you, but afraid it would play havoc with your systems since I have a Diesel...hopefully someone else here may be able to offer the same assistance.
Old 03-20-2021, 02:30 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoxentrix View Post
I have a 2006 I would gladly lend you, but afraid it would play havoc with your systems since I have a Diesel...hopefully someone else here may be able to offer the same assistance.
Thanks for the thought, I’m afraid is would be a no-go! Lol
Old 03-20-2021, 02:31 PM   #4

Does the tune you have loaded disable any sensors? If its just a tune and it kept all the factory nannies in place, I would be willing to bet that you will be able to pass smog.

I had a Trailblazer SS with a built motor (bored, cammed, forged, etc) and supercharger and it passed the sniffer test with ease.
Old 03-20-2021, 03:31 PM   #5

Well, since you can't get it smogged, that van is essentially worthless now. I'll give you $1500.
rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 03:47 PM   #6

The dealer should be able to install the most recent stock tune released from Ford for your PCM. It might not be the same as your original tune due to improvements made over time, but should do the trick. Even doing small changes like changing tire size doesn’t modify your existing tune. Ford IDS simply loads a current tune with that parameter. That’s why your supposed to always return to stock before service. The dealer might have a service bulletin to update the firmware without you even knowing, and that would effectively “un-pair” your tuner.
Old 03-20-2021, 04:44 PM   #7
Site Team

^^^ What carringb said. With my '06 Crown Vic Police Interceptor, I purchased a tune and it would never install correctly. Finally I took it to a dealer and had then reflash the PCM to the stock configuration. I guess a number of police departments program their vehicles and the one that I bought couldn't be stacked with the one that a police department had already installed. With the reflash, the tune that I bought installed just fine.

Herb
Old 03-21-2021, 01:38 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallypanam View Post
Well, since you can't get it smogged, that van is essentially worthless now. I'll give you $1500.
Come get it! You better grab me coffee on the way down the hill though. No coffee=no deal
Old 03-28-2021, 10:55 AM   #9

If you want to drive up to Tahoe you can hook mine up to your rig to reflash to stock. I’ve got a v10 e350 2007 too
sierraoneill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 11:13 AM   #10

Have it shipped out of state. not sure why the stock tune isn't available, but sounds like you may need a scrapyard ecm (or whatever you need for the v10). Sorry to hear about your issue. Your other option is just register the vehicle's physical address in a smog-free part of CA.... Not a lot of good options.
bisonthecruiser is offline   Reply With Quote