Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-11-2020, 12:44 PM   #1

Garage
2009 E350 Factory Seatbelts and bench seat questions

Hi all,

To follow up on my last post looking for a 2st row (fwd most) bench seat, I will also be attempting to procure and install some seatbelts for all the seats on the bench. I found the part numbers for the Pass and Drive side OEM seatbelts and I will have to mount them to the walls and seat as best as I can tell. Does anyone have any tips about any of this?

1) Should I pony up for OEM seatbelts or is there a cheaper aftermarket alternative?

2) Does anyone know if the floor brackets for the 4th row bench are compatible with the 2nd row bench? They are a different part number by one digit but seem like they should be functionally the same.

3) Does anyone have any tips or know of any tutorials to help take out the side plastic paneling to get access to the seat belt ratchet mounting locations?

Thanks in advance, I'm new to all this and excited to learn!!

-Neptune

Neptune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 10:02 PM   #2

Hi Neptune,

1. Not aware of aftermarket seat belts for the Ford bench seats. Best bet might be to look for used ones on eBay or a salvage yard. Note that the 2nd row bench has different seat belts than the other bench seats due to the way the door side belt disconnects to allow easier passage to the rear of the van.

I'd love to sell you my set, but they are currently buried behind my build. And although I plan to do a version 2 of my build which would give me access to remove those seat belts, that work is not currently scheduled.

2.The difference for the back row brackets is that they each require 5 bolts instead of 4, probably to provide more safety for an additional passenger in that row. I no longer have any brackets so can't tell you if they would also work for the 2nd row.

No help to you now, but when I get around to redo my build I will have access to the floor and would be able to confirm.

3. I'd pick up an auto trim removal toolkit. They're pretty cheap on Amazon, less than $20. Removing the panels was a bit of a puzzle, couple of semi hidden screws, some places you lift instead of pull. Be patient and take your time. If I recall you start from the rear and then work forward.

Good luck.
Old 11-11-2020, 10:12 PM   #3

Here are the Auto Trim Removal tools I purchased:
I now see kits on there that seem to combine both.

--Joe
Old 11-12-2020, 08:14 PM   #4

Garage
Thank you so much for your detailed response. I have found a couple leads on the front bench seat from some van shops in the LA area. Getting the bench in is the critical first step. I found one bench without floor mounts for $300, and another bench with floor mounts installed for $550. The floor mounts are Ford PN 8C2Z1662440A and are close to $100 each, so I'm considering just paying the extra $50 to have it all done for me. Plus that particular place said they could help with installing the seatbelts too.

I also got the OEM part numbers for the seatbelts, so I may just buy them from Ford. Pass Seat belt 9C2Z16611B68AA (~$45) and Driv seat belt 9C2Z16611B68EA (~$70).

I'm not too worried about any of the install too much but the floor had custom carpet so I can't find the tapped holes easily and I don't know how to remove the side panels to install the seatbelts, although I'm eager to learn.

Once I get the front bench going I'm planning to build a bed frame in the back. Maybe something that converts from sideways bench to a full bed. That would be cool. Eventual goal is a mountain bike style adventure van. No real amenities needed except legal seating for my two sons and I, bike storage, a bed. Plus it will double as a snowboard trip hotel to save money there as well!!

-Neptune
Neptune is offline   Reply With Quote