Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-24-2020, 08:22 AM   #1

2013 E-350 trying to find turn signal wiring to tap into

Hi All,
I am just about done converting 2005ish F-Series trailer tow mirrors with marker lights and turn signals to work on my 2013 Ford E-350 van. Not an easy thing to do but I'll try and do a write up shortly. I'm stuck on the last step - I ran wires down into the drivers side foot well area to tap into turn signal wiring but I cant for the life of me figure out which wires I can tap into. I guess worst case I can run the wires through the firewall and to the actual turn signal lights but thought it would be much easier and cleaner if I could find a source in the cab. Any ideas? Thank you so much!
Attached Thumbnails
NewMirrors.jpg  

JaredG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 08:46 AM   #2

You can tap in at the multi-function-switch aka turn signal level. Also one of the rectangle plugs under the dash near the steering column (looks almost like the trailer brake brake connector) has turn signals too.
Old 12-24-2020, 09:34 AM   #3

Maybe this will help...
Attached Thumbnails
Capture.jpg  
Chinook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 09:04 AM   #4
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
As was suggested over on FTE obtain a schematic and use that for not only this project but any others of a factory-original wiring concern. Like this one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-FORD-V...gAAOSwbK5fyU0a

As I suggested on FTE this sort of manual is invaluable because it contains actual circuit schematics it also includes plugs, connectors along with images of where they are and how they would appear visually.

Contributions such as CarringB are great but having a factory wiring diagrams book in hand is usually the perfect and immediate resource for such modifications. In that instance you'd be able to see which plugs he mentions and pretty much go right to them.

I've used EVTM's exclusively and they've be invaluable for the crazy circuits I've added or modified over a few years.

HTH
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 11:03 AM   #5

Just as a side note, the diagram i posted above is for the 2013 E-350. It clearly shows you the locations of the connector as well as which wires are for the turn signals.
Chinook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 09:22 AM   #6

Thank you all! I found it. And yes I'm going to acquire a 2013 E-Series wiring book for future stuff.
JaredG is offline   Reply With Quote