Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-09-2014, 12:16 PM   #21

Re: 2014 Ford Transit Connect - comments, thoughts, etc.???

Quote:
Originally Posted by pffan1990
Quote:
Originally Posted by windguy
pffan1990,

What do you plan to use yours for?

Appreciate the help. Thanks!
I don't have any plans at all regarding any vehicle. I'm legally blind so cannot drive. I am simply a Ford enthusiast that loves the Econoline, Transit Connect, and the upcoming Transit. I started this thread just to get some general info on the new 2014 TC. Sorry I hadn't been on here for awhile but I do know that my local Ford dealership has at least one new '14 TC, according to their website. I may take a walk there and check it out whenever it warms up in Kentucky. lol

No problem with helping you with the info. I'm glad to see a fellow TC-enthusiast.
pffan1990,
thanks for the reply. Sorry about your sight issue but it seems like you've got a great attitude and perspective on life. right on!

Ford dealerships here in CA are starting to get these in stock so I need to go check them out. Stoked about that.

There's a Ford TC Facebook link you might be interested in following if you're not already
https://www.facebook.com/FordTransitConnectWagon
Someone there posted that the TC got a 5-star crash safety rating in a recent test
here's a link to a WSJ article on it http://online.wsj.com/article/PR-CO-201 ... 00024.html

Someone also posted this link to a nice conversion done in Europe
Also this pretty slick conversion on a VW van

windguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 11:15 PM   #22

Re: 2014 Ford Transit Connect - comments, thoughts, etc.???

Just an FYI, David at Wellhouse pinged me, and sent me some photos.... This is happening:

http://wellhouseleisure.com/product/for ... el-manual/

I'll try to upload the shots when I'm not on my phone, in case folks are interested.
ipvirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 05:18 PM   #23
Gone Traveling

Amazing to see many of those I've been speaking with at an official Ford Transit Connect community, showed up here first.. I guess I needed to do more research before joining a community. None the less, Old thread, better late than never.

Our Impressions of the 2015 Transit Connect, I guess this a review of sort.. but we (the wife and myself) have been very pleased with our 2015 Ford Transit Connect XL SWB. Although there aren't any creature comforts in this van other than the seats (front 2 only) are very comfortable and we opted for the power windows.

Because of current gas prices.. the van have been performing extremely well and one reason it's doing so well could be due to having a better set of tires and rims.

We options for the 16''x7" Sparco Terra wheels and the 215/55/16 Maxxis tires. Please note that even though the rims are listed as 16'', in fact they measure 17''x8'' which are slightly wider that the stock steel wheels.

After installing the Sparco wheels and Maxxis tires, we feel that we could have went slightly larger on the tires. Maybe the 225/55/16's.. there seems to be enough clearance in this respect. So at the time we need new tires.. we again may option for the slightly larger Maxxis tires.

At one point we wanted to turn this little ugly duckling of a van into an overlander, with small additions to create that off road look.. But things change and although we still have many ideas for the van, we're perfectly content leaving it as is for the time being.

A couple of things we recommend Transit Connect owners do, is to purchase the K&N air filter. We found that the life time filter not only saves us some cash from having to buy a replacement every 10K miles.. the filter added a few horse, toque and even seem to add a few more miles, which was odd. The simply drop in filter is all that's needed.

The van has been getting great gas mileage and is comfortable on long trips, even though we think we would enjoy a center console arm rest better than the single flip version which is standard on the cargo van option.

Lastly, There aren't many after market parts suppliers who want to create products for our van, so If you run into an issue where you're looking to purchase something for the van, you may have to search elsewhere. it pays to be creative and think outside the box when it comes to adding parts or accessories to this van which was never meant to be a personal carrier.
LostInTransit is offline   Reply With Quote