Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-25-2017, 03:42 PM   #1

Colorado Camper Van

First, is there anyone on here that has a CCV mid on their E-van that they have put an aluminess rack or other on?

Second, I need to share how blown away I am with the CCV top. I sold my SMB with a penthouse top and bought a 2014 E350 with a CCV top. I gotta say, I was somewhat reluctant to buy a van with a CCV top based on some of the reviews floating around here but I am nothing but impressed with the top. My wife, three year old, and myself slept up there for the last couple of nights and couldn't believe the space upgrade, comfort, etc difference b/w the CCV and SMB top. Fit and finish are great and function is great as well.

Taylor3633 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 05:36 PM   #2

Glad you are happy with your top!

We have a mid CCV on our E series. Up top is a 300 watt solar panel at the front and a Yakima Mega Warrior w Extension at the rear. All of the foregoing are mounted to Yakima / Thule roof tracks, but a unistrut, or aircraft style track would work as well.

You will be limited in lifting capability with the mid height top due to the geometry of the lifting mechanism. Check with CCV as to what they recommend total load weight wise. The roof itself and the support mechanism are very strong, so that is not the issue. It is the lifting forces available from the stowed position.

Here are a couple shots of our EB CCV roof:
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4234.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	109.2 KB
ID:	15882

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4044.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	111.5 KB
ID:	15883
Old 04-25-2017, 10:06 PM   #3

The CCV top on our 2002 has the Thule track system on the rear most three or four feet With cross bars for holding our gear. Our sis not a mid top.
larrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 09:22 AM   #4

Thanks for the input guys. I have reached out to CCV and am looking forward to hearing back from them.
Taylor3633 is offline   Reply With Quote