Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-18-2022, 11:39 AM   #1

Denver area van glass recommends

Anybody have an auto glass shop they can recommend? We have 4 windshields we need replaced.
Had a big chain replace a side operable van window and the glass has too much curve and whistles in my ear. They won't replace it, so want to try someone else.

Lilnuts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 06:27 PM   #2
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF
Don’t know of a glass place, but you can try the u-pick-it yards for windows/windshield, call around to see who’ll install a customer supplied piece, I bet you can find something off of Federal, but I’d stick around to keep an eye on things. You’ll need the know how, tools and time to remove the glass yourself.
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 10:16 PM   #3
rnj

It's been a while 2016 & 2017. Not a van but I had hard to find windshields put in 2 different cars by Premium Auto Glass. 1st one they found in Texas and had it shipped up.

2nd one took 8 months to find one available, they kept checking until they found one. They got my existing windshield out without breaking it and let me keep it as a backup as I replaced while I could as it was badly pitted but still useable if needed.
Hankook Dynapro ATs 225/75-16 LRE
New to me 10/2008 - 2nd owner
rnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 04:17 AM   #4

We need 4 windshields, one for the van, a F150, a LJ jeep and a four door Jeep. Insurance is paying for them, just want it done right.
Thanks REF & rnj for the input, I hate having others work on my vehicles.
Conversion in process. Lol
Denver, CO
Old 05-19-2022, 05:36 AM   #5
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by REF View Post
Don’t know of a glass place, but you can try the u-pick-it yards for windows/windshield, call around to see who’ll install a customer supplied piece, I bet you can find something off of Federal, but I’d stick around to keep an eye on things. You’ll need the know how, tools and time to remove the glass yourself.
Being in the auto/truck glass business I highly recommend against this sort of DIY thing when it comes to windshields. From 1992 forward the tools and to some degree skils/experience to remove one without damage is not as easy as some might imagine.

I might be able to arrange for you to purchase what you need from one of my wholesale warehouses. I've arranged several other SMB member purchases, one of them has a location in Denver CO.

Installation would fall on you but with good quality glass a lot of local shops might be willing to install a customer's glass.

PM me, we'll exchange contact info and go from there!
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 09:55 PM   #6

Dan @ Chip Pros is a bit of a gear head and split off from the 'big guys' to start his own thing.

https://chipprosautoglass.com/

That being said I'm pretty sure he's getting married this weekend so there might be a delay in the response.

'05 Pleasure Way Excel TS V10, still boring and 2wd
b. rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 11:46 AM   #7

JWA thank you for the very kind offer, if insurance wasn't paying for this I would go that route.
b. rock I'll give Dan a call and see what he can do, I'm not in a huge hurry, just want it done right.
Denver, CO
Old 05-21-2022, 01:48 PM   #8
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilnuts2 View Post
JWA thank you for the very kind offer, if insurance wasn't paying for this I would go that route.
b. rock I'll give Dan a call and see what he can do, I'm not in a huge hurry, just want it done right.
Always glad to help others here when, if I can!
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 10:20 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilnuts2 View Post
Anybody have an auto glass shop they can recommend? We have 4 windshields we need replaced.
Had a big chain replace a side operable van window and the glass has too much curve and whistles in my ear. They won't replace it, so want to try someone else.
You need to replace the side widow seal. they get formed to the glass. So now they are a mismatched.. If you replace that window rubber you will get rid of that wind noise.
Vanzila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 11:08 AM   #10

Vanzila, thanks for that info I will definitely give that a try.
Denver, CO