Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-20-2016, 03:03 PM   #11

Hello DerPro.... I'd like to read more about your WeldTec experience. My 2013 E150 2wd needs some suspension help but I'm undecided on what to do.

Badback12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 08:44 PM   #12

My experience with the WTD Complete Performance Package has been nothing short of phuckin' amazing. Makes my van feel like a Cadillac compared to the stock suspension, and I'm not even done with my home-build yet. Get used to people asking about your van wherever you take it... seriously. I got a chance to meet Jeremy (the WTD owner) when I was out his way do a few other things, and the attention to detail to what was being worked on was second to none. I really enjoyed my visit.

Highball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 01:54 PM   #13

Hey all! Sorry I never gave an update for WTD.

I got my van back a few weeks ago and have put almost 800 miles on the lift, inclluding 3 camping trips locally. I'm really impressed with how it turned out! I got the ultimate lift with the custom rear springs. My review is just on my lift with my stock wheels and tires seeing how ATX has been stuck somewhere in China with my rims (will be here Tuesday, ordered nov.14...)

Jeremy was super helpful during the build. The build took quite a bit longer than expected, partially due to the fact that he had another child, and partially because there was a holdup with the rear spring guy. I'm not accustomed to modifying such a unique vehicle like a sportsmobile / E250 so I had to exercise some patience when it came to the build.

The ride is superb, since my van is Pre-08, I dont have the swaybar installed; something about compatibility with the lift. The van feels just slightly "tippy" when making at speed turning movements. Jeremy said he could install the 08+ sway bar and the fox steering stabilizer to help with that. Again, I don't have my wheels and tires on yet, so this might be less dramatic with them installed. I took a trip to J-Tree fully loaded with climbing / camping gear and my friends, and I never felt "unsure" even at 80mph, but I would like it to be a touch more 'flat' during cornering. Not a deal killer at all.

I got a chance to to take it to my local jeep thrashing place (Trabuco Canyon) and the ride off road (even with stock rubber) is GREAT! I cant wait to experience it with the 33s

I'm having him build me a front winch bumper. In the meantime he gave me one of his other unfinished bumpers to rock, which was super cool of him.

Here are some pics. And a comparison with my jeep,

My jeep with a 4" lift and 35's
1997 Jeep Wrangler Lifted / Locked
1997 Mercedes C230
1994 Mercedes SL500
DerPo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 02:11 PM   #14

Looks awesome, both vans.
rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 10:57 PM   #15

Is it just the pics or does it sag in the rear? Looks low.

I'm close to closing on a poptop 2003 EB30'ish to replace my stolen '97 and I'm considering the same kit.
gcvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 12:26 PM   #16

I think it's just an optical illusion... I took a tape measure out to the van just now and the front and rear tires have similar clearance to the top of the fender wells. Less than .5" difference, but the rear fender well has about 2.75" more clearance inside the well than what you see on the outside. The front fender has less than an inch. The axle on the rear/I beam up front had right around 6.5 inches of clearance from the rubber stop on the frame...
Old 01-30-2016, 12:27 PM   #17

Could also be my crappy cell phone glamour shots too, lol.
Old 01-30-2016, 12:39 PM   #18

They will look like they're squatting a bit even if they are not, but best way to check is to measure the front and rear body pinch on the bottom between wheels.

Of course, Jeremy may have intended a more 'pre-runner' look, which many prefer. Got me!
rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 01:49 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcvt View Post
Is it just the pics or does it sag in the rear? Looks low.

I'm close to closing on a poptop 2003 EB30'ish to replace my stolen '97 and I'm considering the same kit.
I told Jeremy that I didn't like the raked / pre runner look. I think it's mostly an illusion, especially with the front bumper being so high. I'll have more pics with my new wheels and tires this coming week
DerPo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 02:11 PM   #20

Thanks for the info. Looks great!
gcvt is offline   Reply With Quote