Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-05-2008, 01:02 PM   #1

Garage
Send a message via AIM to mmocken
Eureka Fluid Film Rustproofing

Thinking of applying this stuff to my SMB this spring. Has anyone here used this stuff and make any comments?

It is oil/wax based product, similare of which is popular in UK/Europe and Canada

--->
Marty's 'BearsMobile'

1995 Dodge SMB EB-20 + modified for shower in back, PH Microlite Starcool. 130k miles young!
https://www.sportsmobileforum.com/alb...a37caeae3a.jpg
mmocken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 06:21 AM   #2

eureka fluid film rustproofing

Unfamiliar with this product. It seems rustproofing/undercoating is not too popular as folks just "buy a new one".
We found a local body shop that did undercoating and we did all the prior masking and taping, and removal. This ensured a good job.
You will be far ahead, if you live in the east to have it undercoated. Many states are now "pretreating" roads with salt brine. You can be driving in dry conditions and be subjected to the dust and spray.
Old 01-11-2008, 10:24 AM   #3

Garage
Re: eureka fluid film rustproofing

Pat,

My SMB was undercoated and is rust free. The previous owner garaged his SMB and kept it off the snowy roads as he had a jeep for winter.

That did not prevent rust in untreated areas (like under hood) which looks bad in comparison. The Eureka fluid oil is a penetrating oil and lanolin that I would apply in the engine compartment (away from heat) and maybe over the existing rusproofing...as I have seen rust right through rustproofing before. Eureka is popular on farm tractors to prevent rust and sold at all Deere locations.

http://www.eurekafluidfilm.com/applicat ... otive.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick51
Unfamiliar with this product. It seems rustproofing/undercoating is not too popular as folks just "buy a new one".
We found a local body shop that did undercoating and we did all the prior masking and taping, and removal. This ensured a good job.
You will be far ahead, if you live in the east to have it undercoated. Many states are now "pretreating" roads with salt brine. You can be driving in dry conditions and be subjected to the dust and spray.

--->
Marty's 'BearsMobile'

1995 Dodge SMB EB-20 + modified for shower in back, PH Microlite Starcool. 130k miles young!
Old 01-18-2008, 02:40 PM   #4

Garage
I'm getting a free sample can!!!

If you google "eureka fluid film free sample" you'll find the email address to request one.

According to what I read, this is great for sealing battery terminals and electrical grounds as well as prevent rust on metal surfaces...I plan to spray all cooler areas like hinges, locks, battery pans, LP tank, emergency brake line, etc.

--->
Marty's 'BearsMobile'