Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-09-2017, 02:15 PM   #1

Red face Exhaust hanger part no.?

I'm looking for the part number of the very rear-most rubber exhaust hanger snapped on my van. This holds the exhaust after the muffler and before the tip. I can't for the life of me find this part on any parts site. I have a 1992 5.8L E250.

What's a good site to use for part numbers and diagrams? Something like realoem.com for BMWs?

Thanks for the help!

Flyview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 04:33 PM   #2

I've got a 1996 that I'm parting out that had everything replaced in 2001ish. I will check it out this weekend and if it's in good shape you can have it for shipping cost. PM me if your interested.
Nrobert10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 07:25 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyview View Post
i'm looking for the part number of the very rear-most rubber exhaust hanger snapped on my van. This holds the exhaust after the muffler and before the tip. I can't for the life of me find this part on any parts site. I have a 1992 5.8l e250.
I found it !
Attached Thumbnails
EXHAUST HANGER.jpg   COAT HANGER.jpg  
Old 02-10-2017, 11:01 PM   #4

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 03:11 PM   #5

I wanted to follow up on what I did with the exhaust hanger.

I ended up needing 2 new exhaust hangers. The middle mount behind the cats was also broken. The exhaust had been changed at some point from the headers back and that's why nothing made sense and was McGeyvered. I used an exhaust clamp + exhaust hook that bolts to clamp + rubber hanger that connects to this aftermarket hook + stock hook on frame. The 2 hangers by the muffler were OK. In the rear by the tip, I had to make a hanger out of clamp + hook (bolted to clamp) + rubber + hook (bolted to body) as the body had no stock hook on it. I should have taken pictures of the result.

Unfortunately I also had to weld up the exhaust pipe between the cats and the muffler as there was a leak from the clamp holding the 2 pipes together. I tried 20 different positions for the clamp and it just kept leaking. I think one of the pipes had been slightly deformed from someone over tightening the clamp, etc.
Flyview is offline   Reply With Quote