Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-09-2017, 02:25 PM   #11

Garage
Looks awesome Jeremy!!!! Now you just need to make one more option of some custom fabricated supports and hardware to convert the older body style to this new front end, a lot of people have been upgrading and it easily costs more than your whole kit to find used parts for the refreshed front end. If you had the necessary core support upgrades that just bolted in for fitting these to the older body style with the relocated hood latch, extended fender supports, etc. I can see you getting a lot of orders. Can't wait to see pics of one installed.

*Edit* aaaaaand I just re-read your post and sounds like you are already planning on the brackets for the update, haha.......

nemesisnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 02:42 PM   #12

I bet the internal shrouds are plenty cheap from ford or other aftermarket copies already. The lights feel like the only other real big ticket item.

'99 EB ex ENG KSWB news van, low rent 4x4 conversion (mostly fixed by now), home built interior.
MadScience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 08:40 AM   #13

Ford Econline Fiberglass fenders, hood and grill installed

We had the chance to finally install this clip on a Ford Econoline Van. The install went great and we will be making some small changes to make the fit and finish better.

This whole photobucket thing has me a little confused on how to add pics so here is a link to the the pics installed.

https://weldtecdesigns.com/product/f...ss-conversion/

Yes you will be able to open the hood scoop to get more air in the engine compartment. We will be adding pics of that soon.
WeldTecDesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 09:45 AM   #14

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeldTecDesigns View Post
We had the chance to finally install this clip on a Ford Econoline Van. The install went great and we will be making some small changes to make the fit and finish better.

This whole photobucket thing has me a little confused on how to add pics so here is a link to the the pics installed.

https://weldtecdesigns.com/product/f...ss-conversion/

Yes you will be able to open the hood scoop to get more air in the engine compartment. We will be adding pics of that soon.

Any updates on this kit or pics of one with an open hood scoop @WeldtecDesigns?
nemesisnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 12:57 PM   #15

I'm loving this kit. I talked to Weldtec the other day about my 07 Quigley and the possibility of an update. I think they are getting pretty close to having all the answers about all necessary parts to do an update swap. It would be great to have a list of every single part one would have to order to do this project properly.... if Ford part numbers and pictures of each item needed were available, I think everyone hesitant to buy this kit would be at ease and could source the parts from salvage yards and dealers, so they are ready to do the install in a weekend.
dickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 01:29 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickie View Post
I'm loving this kit. I talked to Weldtec the other day about my 07 Quigley and the possibility of an update. I think they are getting pretty close to having all the answers about all necessary parts to do an update swap. It would be great to have a list of every single part one would have to order to do this project properly.... if Ford part numbers and pictures of each item needed were available, I think everyone hesitant to buy this kit would be at ease and could source the parts from salvage yards and dealers, so they are ready to do the install in a weekend.

I would be in for a kit if I all the parts were listed and easily sourced.
Botchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 06:06 AM   #17
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by dickie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botchan View Post
I would be in for a kit if I all the parts were listed and easily sourced.
Accessing something like a Mitchell's Ford Collision Estimating & Reference Guide, (aka "crash book") would be ideal for this sort of identifying parts etc. I personally have one from 2010 which works as it covers E-Series from 1992 up to and including 2010 model year. Here's a listing I'd snap up if looking for one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-MITCHELL-...BaT44h&vxp=mtr

I'm attaching an image from such a guide to show how it might be useful.

Depending on your local Ford dealer's patience and your relationship with the parts department guys you can obtain printed or digital PDF's more specific to a certain area. See attached file for an example.

I have a good relationship with the parts guys at a particular dealership but also buy things too. This isn't necessary but its helpful. I receive the drawings via email and can order the correct parts

HTH
Attached Thumbnails
Crash 9.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2005 AC.pdf (417.3 KB, 5 views)
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 06:06 PM   #18

This is a little of topic but any thoughts about a replacement grill for the 08 and up vans to get rid of all the plastic blocking the airflow to the radiator, trans cooler etc. The diesels run really hot and my transmission temps are 200+ on a regular basis. If you look at the Ford logo you will see it is about the same size as the trans. cooler and sits directly in front of it. I have run my van without the grill and it runs significantly cooler. I have thought about buying and extra grill and trying to fab something myself but it just never makes it to the top of the project list. If you came up with something I would be standing in line with $$ in hand. I have looked and to date have not been able to find any after market grills for the 08 and up vans.

Just a though!
Cheers,
John
Old 08-24-2018, 02:03 AM   #19

This is super rad.

Question: if I were to convert a 2003 E350 using this kit, would you have to swap out my current Aluminess bumper (92-07) for a newer one (08-14)? Or will my old bumper still fit?
stevenbenjamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 08:24 PM   #20

Looking for pics as well! Want to do a lift on my E350 but don't want to use those ubiquitous stick on flares!
ChenGGez is offline   Reply With Quote