Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-07-2017, 12:11 AM   #1

Ford Fiberglass & Conversion clip

We have been working on a fiberglass conversion kit for the 1993-2007 vans to convert to the newer 2008 Body style. This pieces will also be sold individually if you have a 2008 and would like flared fenders or hood. The new fenders feature a 2.5" flare and are cut 2" higher giving a larger wheel opening in the rear portion near the door. The Hood features a 2" drop in the middle to give it a little more style with the ability to open it for additional air flow to the engine compartment. The hood and fenders are a direct bolt on using factory components. To finish off this conversion we have a fiberglass grill you can add your FORD emblem.
We will be offering a complete conversion kit that will include all mounting brackets necessary to complete the front end update. Our goal is to make a install video along with detailed direction on the installation process. As for now here is a pic of the Fiberglass components.
Ford Econoline Fiberglass Conversion 2008-20014

WeldTecDesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 06:08 AM   #2

Very nice! Do you have any photos of a kit installed? Would this allow the use of the 2008 and up Aluminess bumper or no still require the older style bumper?
Thanks
Eric

2000 Ford E-350 7.3L Quigley 4x4 hard top with custom interior by Xtreme Fab - Sold
KTMRIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 07:39 AM   #3

Interesting! What will the ballpark price be for the kit?
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 08:38 AM   #4

Garage
I was just down at WeldTec this past Thursday (for some custom leaf springs and shocks) and saw this. Impressive-looking kit!!! Jeremy and his guys craft some quality, seriously rad stuff.
MountainBikeRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 09:09 AM   #5

Very interested in the hood and possibly the grill. I assume the newer hood design allows more airflow? Could be beneficial for the older diesels, right? (trying to convince myself i need it)

I am planning on painting my hood, or more likely lineX, so If this is a good price, I'm all over it.
bemerritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 09:22 AM   #6

Do you also have any plans for a non-flared fender set as well?(I guess you could probably get those from a junk yard, but not sure if the mounting points are the same) Just curious for those of us that already have the bushwacker flares and would want the front flare to match the back.
Old 06-09-2017, 09:03 AM   #7

Fiberglass Ford Conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by bemerritt View Post
Very interested in the hood and possibly the grill. I assume the newer hood design allows more airflow? Could be beneficial for the older diesels, right? (trying to convince myself i need it)

I am planning on painting my hood, or more likely lineX, so If this is a good price, I'm all over it.
The ideas is to open the scoop to increasse the air flow in the engine compartment. OF course you need it! HEHE

Prices are looking like this:
Fenders $450 pr
Hood $500 ea
Grill $200ea
Complete Set $1050

If you would like to order any of these parts please contact us.

Thanks Jeremy
WeldTecDesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 09:29 AM   #8

You'd need a bit more than just those pieces though, right? At the very least all the grill and light mounting brackets, as well as the newer lights.

That said, I could be interested in this, particularly if it really does result in better heat evacuation.

Would love to see some before / after shots of the fenders. (I realize it's early, I'll be patient.) My van already has a ton of top fender clearance in front, so I wonder if this would look OK or not. More rear clearance would be a win, so perhaps it would balance things out.

'99 EB ex ENG KSWB news van, low rent 4x4 conversion (mostly fixed by now), home built interior.
MadScience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 09:44 AM   #9

hmmm, i have a set of vantage lights on the way. I assume this has zero affect on the lights if you go to the new hood/grill?

Need a couple more upgrades first, but definitely gonna look at this once i get some gauges to monitor temps.
bemerritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 10:29 AM   #10

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bemerritt View Post
hmmm, i have a set of vantage lights on the way. I assume this has zero affect on the lights if you go to the new hood/grill?

Need a couple more upgrades first, but definitely gonna look at this once i get some gauges to monitor temps.
Brian,

From what I understand this setup would require the use of the 08-up super duty style lights.

Jeremy,

There is a change to the core support (upper and lower for the 08-up) to complete this swap correct?

Scott
REDOVAL is offline   Reply With Quote