Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-05-2021, 07:59 AM   #21

Thanks, but I already have a 6.0 intercooler in there already. Good to know it sticks that much further out though, I'm not sure I saw that mentioned anywhere.

'05 Pleasure Way Excel TS V10, still boring and 2wd
b. rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 02:14 AM   #22
Gone Traveling

I have done this swap myself on an E-350. You need to get the brackets that attach to the upper radiator support, you also need the upper radiator support that the hood latch bolts to, otherwise you will be drilling holes, and making spacers all day if you try to reuse your original. You have to swap out the hood latch cable because the old one will not attach to the newer style hood latch. You will have to make spacers if you wish to put more than two bolts in the upper fender, the inner fender apron on your truck has a flat surface to bolt the fenders onto versus the newer style vans which have a raised section on the fender aprons to accomodate the shape of the newer fenders.

Here are a couple pics, the first one shows the upper radiator support which you will need as well as the two brackets you need to properly space the reinforcement panel which holds your headlights, i circled them in red. The other picture is a new style inner fender apron laying down. The red line i made indicates the shape of the surface the fender bolts to versus the flat surface on your existing aprons. As a side note.. the transmission cooler brackets are also different. Nothing major, just enough to make it a nuisance swap if you dont have all of the proper parts.

Once the swap is complete you have enough room behind the grille for the wife and kids to ride. Hope this helps....
Attached Thumbnails
Capture.jpg   41725 2013.jpg  
BoxterRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 02:40 AM   #23
Gone Traveling

Also, you will need to fab some brackets to attach the front lower portion of the fenders to the lower radiator support or buy the newer style ones. It looks like the following picture, i also circled it in red.

Keep in mind this swap moves your grill forward several inches out over the front bumper so you may have to make some changes with the bumper. I used an aftermarket bumper so it was a non-issue for me.

Dont take short cuts, use the correct brackets when doing the swap. If the fenders are not relaxed in the proper position once installed and bolted down, you will never get the headlights to sit flush against the front of the fenders. Meaning you will have gaps around the mating surfaces between the fender and headlight assembly and no amount of adjusting, twisting, tapping will make them fit flush against the fender until everything is properly spaced and bolted down.
Attached Thumbnails
41766.jpg   Capture.jpg  
BoxterRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 11:34 AM   #24

Super helpful info Jabber. It makes things so much easier to understand when I can match an explanation with a photo. Thanks for posting.
SteelheadJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 07:33 AM   #25

Here’s a how to video to do the front end. https://youtube.com/channel/UCSePTshSLn79BOCGYwSwPbQ
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSePTshSLn79BOCGYwSwPbQ?view_as=subscriber
NoR32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2024, 05:02 PM   #26

does anyone have a headlight wiring diagram for harness from a 2003 ford e350 and also a headlight wiring diagram for harness from a 2008+ ford e350, im trying to install the big 2008+ headlights that have seperate high and low beams (the 2003 e350 has them all in the same connector), these headlights have the clear plastic on the front of them, basically im just trying to find which wires to cut and splice to seperate the high and low beam.
thanks
dhc2024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2024, 08:44 PM   #27

2008 wiring....

2003 Honda Element
boywonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2024, 08:53 PM   #28

Thanks so much, now I just need the 2003 wiring harness diagramm
Old 01-17-2024, 09:02 PM   #29

The only issue I can really see is the blinker socket in the 2008 diagram it's one hot wire and one ground and on the 2003 harness I have there's 2 wires and a ground
Old 01-17-2024, 09:06 PM   #30

And there's no blinker in that 2008 diagram that I can see