Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-06-2016, 08:45 AM   #21

Garage
I like that layout too.

always been a fan of mag blue...

not sure it would be the best color as it would be hard to keep clean.

id be leaning towards the desert tan. ive been really drawn to that color lately. would be a smart choice for desert camping as well.

"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 08:59 AM   #22
Site Team

I always like Ford's Arizona Beige. It's not a flat tan color, but more of an almost metallic tan with some depth to it. Had an '01 F250 that color and it really hid dirt well and looked really good.

When I was thinking of getting a car painted, I was going to go with Arizona Beige, or Arizona Beige one or two shades darker.

Herb
Old 10-06-2016, 09:14 AM   #23

If you are looking at Blue at all, this is member Hondo's rig. I have seen another one in the same or similar color but with the flat black below the bumper line. Two beautiful rigs, if I didn't live where the sun was trying to kill me, I would love to have this color.

Flux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 09:53 AM   #24

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flux View Post
If you are looking at Blue at all, this is member Hondo's rig. I have seen another one in the same or similar color but with the flat black below the bumper line. Two beautiful rigs, if I didn't live where the sun was trying to kill me, I would love to have this color.

Yeah! +2 another vote for that color!
I've long admired that shade as well.

That's Ford's "Steel Blue," it was only available for the 2012-2014 model years on the Econolines. It sure seems like it would look natural with the existing blue interior upholstery in your rig.
MountainBikeRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 10:31 AM   #25

What are the group's thoughts on painting a different color? As much as I'd like a non-white van, the hassle and extra expense of paying to have the door jambs, etc., painted seems to make it not worthwhile.
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 11:41 AM   #26

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainBikeRoamer View Post
Yeah! +2 another vote for that color!
I've long admired that shade as well.

That's Ford's "Steel Blue," it was only available for the 2012-2014 model years on the Econolines. It sure seems like it would look natural with the existing blue interior upholstery in your rig.
Oooh, that is a pretty cool color, that's one thing I liked about the concrete grey too, sometimes it looks dark, sometimes light and sometimes had a bluish tint. That Steel blue does look sharp and I'm usually not in love with blue on vehicles.
nemesisnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 12:22 PM   #27

Nice score with that rig! If I was in the market I would have jumped on that in a heartbeat as you did. Looks cool already but with a new paint job will be awesome. Get some fender flares and aftermarket bumpers on there!
Old 10-06-2016, 12:34 PM   #28

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHenrietta View Post
Nice score with that rig! If I was in the market I would have jumped on that in a heartbeat as you did. Looks cool already but with a new paint job will be awesome. Get some fender flares and aftermarket bumpers on there!
Thanks, that's the plan eventually. I really like the look of this 24" mega high top too better than most I've seen, it looks great from a front angle. I stole it for under 30k too so it was a great deal, I'm super excited to make it my own. It currently has 265 tires and I want to go to a 285, what width and wheel offset work best with a Quigley and is trimming required with a 285 or only the bigger tires like the 315's?
nemesisnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 01:17 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesisnight View Post
It currently has 265 tires and I want to go to a 285, what width and wheel offset work best with a Quigley and is trimming required with a 285 or only the bigger tires like the 315's?
Generally 16x8 or 17x8 with 285s will fit on a stock Quigley without rubbing. But not always.
rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 01:53 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHenrietta View Post
Get some fender flares and aftermarket bumpers on there!
So it can look like every one else's?
simplesez is offline   Reply With Quote