Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-11-2020, 10:47 AM   #11

Sorry to just drop off the grid like that. I got the van home in one piece. I did run out of CNG one time since the refilling station I chose was a "fleet only" and a special card was required. Now I see the iphone app shows which stations are which. The CNG is technically factory, Even has a Ford CNG addendum to the owners manual. The gas tank has been removed and a large CNG tank is in it's place. There are also 2 smaller tanks where the spare tire usually is. The van is solid and I have the service records. The only issue is that the brake pedal won't come back up while its running so I had to hook my foot under it and pull it back up each time. It's probably a booster or module issue. Other than that it is one clean van. I've been busy so, it's been parked since I got it home. It's so clean that I'm half tempted to re-sell it to one of those guys that drives people from Tijuana to Santa Ana. I've been told they love the CNG EB vans. If I did that I might be able to find another van with more stuff already done to it. We'll see.

seapointejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 07:45 PM   #12

Why don't you just drive people back and forth to Tijuana? The first load will pay for your Rosetta Stone language lessons! It's a win win you learn where to overland from the locals and you make money at it, not to mention you'll be more fluent then they will in their own language.
Vanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 09:18 PM   #13

I thought about it for a second, but then I thought about adding a fake CNG tank to smuggle undocumented souls since they pay more- lol (just kidding). I always admire (from 2 lanes away) the way those guys can pile so much crap on to those full length roof racks.
seapointejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 07:24 PM   #14

I want to know how?https://i.pinimg.com/236x/04/96/b8/0...unny-stuff.jpg
Vanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 07:00 AM   #15
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanimal View Post
Now that's one VERY highly motivated traveler huh?

Where there's a will there's a way it seems.
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote