Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-11-2010, 09:58 AM   #1

I need to know something hope you all can help me out!!

ok I have a '94 B250 and I want or rather need to know if the dodge ram 1500 or 2500 front control arms are the same/interchange...

I am asking this as I am wanting to lift my 2wd van a bit for clearance and traction with some bigger tires as its my expedition/round the country tour vehicle and I don't want ground clearance to keep me from getting down a trail.

any and all help will be greatly appreciated!

I am looking for 4-6" of lift in the front if it won't break the bank to bad and though I see alot of 2wd ram truck lifts none for the van, the front suspension appears to be the same or really close...

Help!!

chromekid01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 10:53 PM   #2

Re: I need to know something hope you all can help me out!!

A Dodge 94 van is a bit specific, meaning it's more likely people looking in the future will find this thread then you'll find someone who knows/has done it.

Could you look both sets of stock parts up and compare? It also depends on what is involved with the lift- how specialized the pieces are compared to the front end.
Old 05-12-2010, 07:42 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jage
A Dodge 94 van is a bit specific, meaning it's more likely people looking in the future will find this thread then you'll find someone who knows/has done it.

Could you look both sets of stock parts up and compare? It also depends on what is involved with the lift- how specialized the pieces are compared to the front end.
well since I have not seen any kind of lift for the 2wd van and lots for the 2wd ram truck, I am gonna run out to the u-pull it yard and see if I can visually compare the difference, if they can be used then I would be able to get lift spindles and a-arms for the ram truck on the van and have the lift, if not then I am just not sure

I tell ya though this does have me lookin for a E250 but the tow capacity on the e250 is almost 3k less than what my b250 is rated and as I plan to drag a 24' travel trailer around the country I figure the added tow ability of my van will come in handy
Old 05-12-2010, 08:26 AM   #4

I would call Larry at:

http://www.fulltiltoffroad.com/

1027 Calle Trepadora, Suite 1
San Clemente, CA 92673
Phone: (949) 366-6847

he is a great guy and great service
billwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 08:39 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwilson
I would call Larry at:

http://www.fulltiltoffroad.com/

1027 Calle Trepadora, Suite 1
San Clemente, CA 92673
Phone: (949) 366-6847

he is a great guy and great service
I sure will!, but looks like I may just scrub the lifting of this dodge van and hunt for a E350 and use that for my expedition mobile, as it seems the dodge is gonna just present too many problems with parts and such, and the sportsmobile is pretty much what i want anyway just a bit out of my range for a 4x4 version but I can find e350's reasonable and lifts for them and even 4wd conversions for later down the road so........the hunt for a good clean '92 and up e350 in now on the table
Old 05-24-2010, 11:30 PM   #6

You could always look for an old PG&E or AT&T van with 4 wheel drive. I have seen a couple of Dodges on Craigslist for about $4k or so. If you are happy with the Dodge, then I would go this route! Good Luck!
Old 05-25-2010, 06:45 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by floorguy_724
You could always look for an old PG&E or AT&T van with 4 wheel drive. I have seen a couple of Dodges on Craigslist for about $4k or so. If you are happy with the Dodge, then I would go this route! Good Luck!
Love my dodge but the decision has been made to sell it and buy a E350 for alot of reasons its gonna fit the bill for me better over the long haul, and lets be honest they didn't manage 25yrs as the best selling van for no good reason

so the hunt is on, looking for a good used 7.3 turbo.....once I get one the pictures will start as it slowly gets converted to the SMB and then to 4x4
Old 05-25-2010, 10:21 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by chromekid01
Quote:
Originally Posted by floorguy_724
Love my dodge but the decision has been made to sell it and buy a E350 for alot of reasons its gonna fit the bill for me better over the long haul, and lets be honest they didn't manage 25yrs as the best selling van for no good reason

so the hunt is on, looking for a good used 7.3 turbo.....once I get one the pictures will start as it slowly gets converted to the SMB and then to 4x4
I agree! All of my vans have been EB Fords, they just have a special place in my heart. I looked at a couple of Dodges, Sprinters, Chevys, etc....and ended up buying a E250 2wd to build as a 1 "do it all" vehicle.

Here is where I'm at so far: