Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-08-2014, 07:46 AM   #31

Chevy Express! "What-the-falia" Kelowna BC Canada

Thanks for the posts

2013/14 project from Kelowna BC Canada

2002 Chev 3500 express 15 passenger window van + 1980 VW Westfalia parts
New canvas / custom 5/8" birch interior / laminate floor / solid 1" cherry counter top
swivel seats /

Strong Westfalia clone with rear A/C and heat that will tow my boat !
Attached Thumbnails
Chev Westy Wrae Hill.jpg  

Wrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 10:53 AM   #32

Re: Chevy Express! "What-the-falia" Kelowna BC Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrae
Thanks for the posts

2013/14 project from Kelowna BC Canada

2002 Chev 3500 express 15 passenger window van + 1980 VW Westfalia parts
New canvas / custom 5/8" birch interior / laminate floor / solid 1" cherry counter top
swivel seats / !
Were are the pics of the interior?????

The Green TARDIS
LenS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 11:41 AM   #33

Re: Let's see your Chevy Express!

Just joined. I have a 2005 Chevy Express 2500 6 litre engine with a Clydesdale 4x4 conversion. Just started interior, err, I mean my son started interior work. So far, a bed, roof vent with fan, aux battery, folding cupboard with everything held in place with bungee cords for now. Haha.
Attached Thumbnails
2014-07-17 19.56.49_resized.jpg  
kidless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 02:55 PM   #34

I just joined as well. This is actually my first post. I just bought my van a few weeks ago. getting the minor things taken care before I start on the build. It is a 2008 3500 Express with Duramax engine. Van is pushing 220k+ miles but its in great shape and I got it relatively cheap.

DirtyMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 05:55 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyMax
I just joined as well. This is actually my first post. I just bought my van a few weeks ago. getting the minor things taken care before I start on the build. It is a 2008 3500 Express with Duramax engine. Van is pushing 220k+ miles but its in great shape and I got it relatively cheap.

Beautiful Van!! What kind of plans do you have for it? I'm really jealous of your console and options. Mine is bare bones!
Old 12-18-2014, 10:34 AM   #36

Len,

I've now spent way too much time watching your YouTube videos and reading about your fabulous van. It looks like such an efficient and cozy home away from home. Unbelievable job you did!

I have a long list of questions, but for now I'm mainly curious about how easy it is to use your dining table area. It seems liked it would be very nice once you get yourselves in there, but it's it a big production to get yourselves in and out of there? How tall are you and your wife? I

guess I'm trying to discern if this is a workable layout for someone about 6' tall, or if it works best for shorter folks only.

Again, awesome job you've done. Looking forward to following along with your continuing adventures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LenS
2000 Chev. 2500 Extended Cargo Van Conversion w 5.7l engine

Windy Nights Bed

Bed Used 99.99% Of The Time

http://youtu.be/5Xqk_G6k95M
InigoMontoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 03:54 PM   #37

I have an 03 6.0 3500 ext window van. Quigley 4x4. Stock height which works for me.

Only a few changes so far. New tires and wheel s. Front seats from a chariot conversion van installed. And the rear ac is installed.

It should be out of the paint shop tomorrow. Getting the rockers and interior bed lined plus a bug sheild sized strip on the hood.

Then more captain s chair's a bench, all removable to maximize flexibly with the usage. And some removable cabinets sink cooler in the back as well.

Should be fun.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_201501091597.jpg   IMG_201501091272.jpg   IMG_201501091705.jpg  
stevengines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 04:22 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by InigoMontoya
Len,

I've now spent way too much time watching your YouTube videos and reading about your fabulous van. It looks like such an efficient and cozy home away from home. Unbelievable job you did!

I have a long list of questions, but for now I'm mainly curious about how easy it is to use your dining table area. It seems liked it would be very nice once you get yourselves in there, but it's it a big production to get yourselves in and out of there? How tall are you and your wife? I

guess I'm trying to discern if this is a workable layout for someone about 6' tall, or if it works best for shorter folks only.

Again, awesome job you've done. Looking forward to following along with your continuing adventures!

Sorry, just saw your post. The table post is off center. So you can rotate the table some and have clearance from the front to get in on the drivers side . Same if you are at the table and have to use the head. Rotate the table 180 degrees and rear access is opened up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LenS
2000 Chev. 2500 Extended Cargo Van Conversion w 5.7l engine

Windy Nights Bed

Bed Used 99.99% Of The Time

http://youtu.be/5Xqk_G6k95M

The Green TARDIS
LenS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 07:56 PM   #39

GM family tree. Here's cousin Savana with a Duramax, Quigley 4x4, and an RB50 layout.

2008 GMC LMM Duramax w/ Quigley 4 x 4
PezGallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 08:08 AM   #40

Here is my 2001 Chevrolet Express LT passenger van I have been converting to a camper since last fall.

The link to a complete listing of everything I have done to it can be found at:
http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fu...d/28113784.cfm

I am inspired by all the ideas I have been picking up here on the Sportsmobile site, especially some of LenS's ideas as he has a similar van to mine and, apparently, thinks a lot like I do.
Black95 is offline   Reply With Quote