New Here and looking for answers to a few questions...
In March I purchased an 89 Ford Clubwagon and I am wanting to really make it into a travel/camp van for my family.
I also white water kayak so I will be using it for trips here in TN for that same purpose.
I have had the van gone through and had the Radiator, brakes, A/C, fluids all replaced. It is currently at the Mechanic as the Tranny overheated pulling our pop up camper. I am in hopes I didn't fry anything. once the tranny cooled and we put the needed fluid back in it traveled the 5.5hrs home without issue.
So I would like to do a few things to it. If you can help with any of these I would really appreciate it.
1. I would like to add an awning. I currently use a 10x10 ezup, but it is difficult for 1-2 people to setup.
2. It has a back bench that folds to a bed, but the middle bench doesn't. I usual remove it on trips. I would like to build a little kitchen/entertainment setup to go along the far wall when the bench is out. That means I need it to be removable when I need to haul 8 people.
3. It is a 2wd, but I would like just a little bit of clearance. does anyone make a 2" lift that isn't really expensive. I do use it to tow so blocks or anything like that isn't a good idea.
4. does anyone make a LSD for these? links?
5. I can't afford a pop top... I only paid 1100 for the van. But I thought about building a kayak rack that is a platform to add a tent to the top to use like those Aussie cartop tents. anyone done this to add space? Any good ideas to heat or cool this space(tent)
I am looking for a lot of DIY projects, but I am willing to buy on certain things.
Again the main purpose is for long trips with the family, tow a pop up and to haul kayaks when I go boating. The easier to live out of it the better.