Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-13-2018, 12:05 PM   #1

Passenger swing out door windows available?

Hi all,

i have a 2004 cargo van that use to have a wheel chair lift in for use on the passenger barn doors. since it was a cargo van the doors do not have windows and since there was a wheel chair lift the doors extend up into the high top to allow to not interfere with the lift.

my question is can i get sindows from ford and install them in those passenger barn doors?

the main reason i want to do this is while driving i can not see shit on the passenger side so these windows would allow me to better see in my blind spot.

before anyone asks, i did a quick google search through the sportsmobile forums and all the threads i found were for windows in the van body.

and here is a pic so you know what im talking about:

Thanks in advance!

Old 12-13-2018, 12:31 PM   #2

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHwreckage View Post
my question is can i get sindows from ford and install them in those passenger barn doors?

not easily, or at least not without welding in the proper indentation where the window seats into the door. your best bet is to get the windows from crl and install those. member 1der can get crl windows for you. youll just need to provide him the part number you want to order.

VW40141 - CRL Fixed 60% Window - Side Hinged Door 1992+ Ford Vans 19-9/16" x 21-1/4"

VW40163 - CRL Fixed 40% Window - Side Hinged Door 1992+ Ford Vans 14-3/4" x 21-1/4"
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 12:34 PM   #3

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ejNeLAMJAYyUPJTN9

attached is a link to a side photo. im guessing those are the wrong indentations?
Old 12-13-2018, 12:53 PM   #4

Garage
yep, those are just body lines. the oem windows countersink and sit flush with the body.

you could also just get some white doors from a salvage yard that had windows and add the extension to them. not sure how much work that would be since ive never seen that setup in person.
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
Old 12-13-2018, 03:13 PM   #5

Garage
Another thought...consider installing one of those camera systems that mount cameras on sides & rear. place the Monitor on the dash so you can see the screen displaying all views.
Old 12-13-2018, 04:14 PM   #6

yeah you need doors with OEM windows. I saw some at the Denver and Aurora upullandpay recently.

Also this seller on Craigslist has some nice doors. They would fit your van. You would need the top part welded on which isn't crazy hard.

https://denver.craigslist.org/pts/d/...743634935.html

simplesez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 04:40 PM   #7

Garage
nice looking van btw...

too bad you aren't closer to me. this parts van add has been up for months now.

https://boise.craigslist.org/pts/d/1...747022097.html