Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-27-2019, 02:26 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wowbagger View Post
I agree with the other posters that either your overflow is blocked or your drain is blocked, both under the van. Time to get the creeper out and get under the van.
My overflow isn't blocked because I overfilled it to test. It drains very well. I agree, it's time to get the creeper out.

Thanks@!

-Terry

wltrmtty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 02:31 PM   #22

Thanks Greg,
Clearly we don't have the same system. As shown by the attached schematic, I only have a drain and an overflow. I see by your picture you have a pretty hefty drain outlet. Nice! I agree, that drain is not enough to adequately drain the system.

I think I'll some air back through the drain valve, but ultimately, I think I need to replace the valve.

Thanks!

-Terry
Attached Thumbnails
Fresh Water Drain.jpg  
Old 07-27-2019, 03:06 PM   #23

I did change my valve when I switched from a pure electric water heater to propane electric water heater. My van also runs the water lines inside the van , up and over the rear doors, so they need a drain on the other side also.

Their small petcock drains are relatively small in any case. I would just drain using the pump through the gray water tank if you have one. That method flushes the whole system anyway.

-greg
Scalf77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 03:10 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalf77 View Post
I did change my valve when I switched from a pure electric water heater to propane electric water heater. My van also runs the water lines inside the van , up and over the rear doors, so they need a drain on the other side also.

Their small petcock drains are relatively small in any case. I would just drain using the pump through the gray water tank if you have one. That method flushes the whole system anyway.

-greg
Yes, I have a gray water tank and thought about that, but didn't want to burn up the pump.

Thanks!

-Terry