Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-26-2023, 08:20 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricI View Post
Not yet, sadly. Still sagging away back there. Had too much else going on.

I found some 43-1041 from Beattie Spring for the best price including shipping to my area. Depending where you are, SD trucks or ATS might be cheaper for you depending on the shipping costs.
Yes, Beattie spring is the cheapest for me too. I have the springs in my cart and they just sent me a 5% off coupon code. I need to measure the U-bolts and then I will probably order them.

Wickedwagens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2023, 09:28 AM   #12

Garage
Why not get a set of springs made for your van and its current weights. I had Deaver Spring (other spring builders also exist) build a set of custom rear leafs with my loaded and unloaded axle weight specs and desired lift. Being a 4X4 the original springs would have used a lift block, the custom springs eliminate this. If you have properly specced springs, no need for airbags. Yes, custom springs cost more but you save the expense and hassle of airbags. Any good spring builder can get you set up with what will work best for your personal situation.
If you are using your van as a work horse and have a wide range of loads with extreme towing needs, then airbags are very useful. Most or our camper vans do not fall into this category.
Having worked in and around the 4x4 van industry for many years, I have driven way too many vans with all sorts of configurations in suspension and load weights.

2001 Van Haus E350 EB 7.3L Quadvan 4X4
1999 Sportsmobile E150 - SOLD
2002 Sportsmobile RB50 7.3L 4X4 - SOLD
dokaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2023, 10:51 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by dokaman View Post
Why not get a set of springs made for your van and its current weights. .
That’s what these are. E-250, e-350, and e-450 springs with different weight ratings depending on if it was a regular van or motorhome chassis.
I’m matching up the weight rating with what I have.
Old 04-28-2023, 08:37 PM   #14

Cool! Let me know if you order new U bolts. Are you ordering new shackles too?
EricI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2023, 09:39 AM   #15

I just ordered the leaf springs and u-bolts from Beatie spring. It was $405 shipped. I'll take measurements and post pictures of before and after when I install them.
Old 05-26-2023, 12:20 PM   #16

Great, looking forward to it. So the exisiting U-bolts didn't seem long enough? That's good to know.
EricI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2023, 12:58 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricI View Post
Great, looking forward to it. So the exisiting U-bolts didn't seem long enough? That's good to know.
No, the existing u-bolts should be planty long, but it is always recommended to replace the u-bolts when replacing springs.
The springs came the other day. Maybe I'll try to get them on this weekend.
Old 07-15-2023, 07:47 PM   #18

I got the new springs installed. The 43-1041 fit perfectly and provided a 1/2” lift over stock. I wanted just a little more, so I pulled 1 leaf out of the old pack and added it to the middle of the new leaf pack. That ended up giving me 1.5” of lift total. Now I might do a 2” in the front and go with 265/75r16 tires.
Attached Thumbnails
7B0BFF91-9A2C-4D68-A2D6-8B2370DF132C.jpg   38667E1D-7484-41B4-B4EA-4CB38B060236.jpg