Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-23-2018, 07:36 AM   #21

The last couple times I've shot it (Raptor Liner specifically) I've just removed the tape while wet and gotten a nice clean line. I prefer to do this anyway to make sure no overspray got anywhere, especially above the tape/paper/whatever. Regular blue tape, not the expensive wire stuff.

IMG_2922 by 86scotty, on Flickr

IMG_2919 by 86scotty, on Flickr

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 04:40 AM   #22
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Nice work Scotty----lines couldn't be more crisp and clean.

The wire tape is for those who'd let the material set up a bit longer. Even when I owned a body shop and we had to overlay a second (or more) color within a few minutes of laying the paint down the tape would be removed.
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 11:36 AM   #23

Garage
86Scotty - how did the raptor liner affect those hinges? Did they or did they not?

Looks awesome, you can do mine next time your up here!

Google Sled Hockey - You won't be disappointed.
Jsweezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 12:04 PM   #24

It didn’t while I had it. Might want to pm Ale (username) who bought it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 01:56 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWA View Post
Having viewed the Monstaliner website I think that would be my choice too. Absolutely no experience with using this material but it seems Monstaliner allows a choice of texture from smooth-ish all the way to gnarly.

Another aspect I like is they mostly encourage brush or roller application---for me that would be the way to go, doing this in my drive way and all.

Of course I could just be gullible enough to fall for their hype?
We sprayed our 24' travel trailer with Monstaliner and it came out great. The spraying part is easy with the shutz gun - even a painting hack like me could make it come out looking like it is supposed to look. The toughest part for us was the mixing. And it wasn't cheap, but we used a lot for the trailer...
Belltownbikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 11:53 AM   #26

Here’s how my Chevy came out with rolled on monstaliner.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1837.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	108.0 KB
ID:	21777
Grampswrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 11:33 AM   #27

I was surprised to find you can get white bed liner while thats not ideal for a bed it would be good for someone like me who wants to do a color change. Does anyone have pics of vans done in white bedliner?
seal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 04:51 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by seal View Post
I was surprised to find you can get white bed liner while thats not ideal for a bed it would be good for someone like me who wants to do a color change. Does anyone have pics of vans done in white bedliner?
Line-x can put a top coat over their liners. They have a giant book of different colors with factory paint codes and it matches pretty close. I've done a section of white on a van and did the roof of my tent trailer in gray. It costs more but if you don't want black, its what you gotta do.
Old 08-13-2018, 10:04 PM   #29

The U POL Raptorliner can paint match any factory color and they mix it for you when purchased. When you spray it the only thing you have to add is the catalyst...just mix it into the product bottles that they have color matched for you when you buy it.
Old 09-15-2018, 05:52 AM   #30

I just had the inside floor of my E250 raptor'ed.

I wasn't planning on too but in the process of checking the OEM rear bed rug/mat I found lots of surface rust. :-(. and so I pulled up the front mats too and as I suspected the drivers side was well on its way to rusting. I had a feeling I might be dealing with rust issues since I bought a van that started its life in Illinois but didn't think this would be on of the places I needed to be to concerned with. Wrong,,,,, the floor's metal is paper thin so that doesn't help. I had a guy remove all the surface rust and raptor it. He bought a kit and had about a day's labor in rust removal and the raptor and cost me $600. I feel lots better about this step in preventing future problems.

The floor looks good , but its a little slick and I noticed the raptor "gassed" stronger than I anticipated but the odor eventually settled down. These issues should not be a factor after my permanent floor system is installed.
Attached Thumbnails
20180831_175159.jpg   20180831_175208.jpg   20180831_175220.jpg   20180831_175223.jpg  

Tags
bed liner, painting