Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-31-2016, 03:31 PM   #11

I started adding things up and now I really see why these rigs go for big bucks.

First things first. A basic interior for now and then 4x4.

Flux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 08:51 PM   #12

From what I've noticed, it appears that the interior cab stuff changed in 2009 but nothing in the back......steering wheel styling stayed the same also, both of these seem strange to me from an industrial design standpoint since the old style is very swoopy/flowing and the new stuff is quite angular and circular.

Compared to the trucks, it seems like the vans are step-children, getting half a facelift now and then.....
boywonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 09:48 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by boywonder View Post
From what I've noticed, it appears that the interior cab stuff changed in 2009 but nothing in the back......steering wheel styling stayed the same also, both of these seem strange to me from an industrial design standpoint since the old style is very swoopy/flowing and the new stuff is quite angular and circular.

Compared to the trucks, it seems like the vans are step-children, getting half a facelift now and then.....

Maybe another reason to do some home conversion stuff! Maybe there were some good intentions but perhaps they knew the E series swan song was coming save for the cutaway.

I am kind of thinking I pick up the headliner, column, and window trims. Everything below that gets the Flux special custom treatment, for better or for worse (probably worse). Depends if whoever I find is selling on the cheap. I could could make good use of the hollow spaces in the doors and want cabinets along the driver side anyway.

Thanks all. I have such limited time to get these things done. I really appreciate the help. I look forward to starting a build thread when I actually start building!! The wife thought I was gonna screw some 2x4's together and throw a blow up mattress on there and call it a day. I assured her that such was not the case.
Flux is offline   Reply With Quote