Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-29-2020, 11:16 AM   #1

Wheel Liner for Ford e350

I looked around and found no aftermarket solutions for rear fender liners on my 2012 Ford E-350 SD. Anyone have a solution? Or even better have a pair they would sell.
These are also known as:
"Fender Liners"
"Wheel Well Liners"
"Wheel Liners"

leeruns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 03:53 PM   #2
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
I've never seen these available from anyone in forever----that's a long time!

That being the case and you're intent on having such things you'll be best advised making them yourself. I would require a 1/8" or maybe 3/32" lexan cut to fit the space. The only real challenge would be how to attach them to the quarter panel "lip" which forms the wheel arch.

Then you'd have contend with whatever wet material or debris would collect in that area or attachement point which could very well lead to body rust.

As a curiosty what are you hoping to accomplish with such things?
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 05:13 PM   #3

Yeah, it's kind of a waste on a body on frame truck like an E series. If you want to protect your wheel wells then hit them with bedliner (Raptor Liner, Monstaliner, etc.)
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 08:41 PM   #4
ctb

Garage
Send a message via AIM to ctb
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Scotty View Post
Yeah, it's kind of a waste on a body on frame truck like an E series. If you want to protect your wheel wells then hit them with bedliner (Raptor Liner, Monstaliner, etc.)
Scotty! By the looks of your new icon/pic...you have a new van?

Ps love the diversion post on the "looking" thread...brilliant!
ctb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 05:25 AM   #5

Ummm, no. No new van here. Not sure what you mean on the diversion post?

My avatar is just a 'Vanborghini' pic I found somewhere online.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 12:36 PM   #6

I used this, though i bought it direct from DEI... https://www.amazon.com/DEI-Sound-Dea...a-870254621927

It's black...looks good, applied easy enough, hard to say for sure but i think it built up to 1/16" - 1/8" maybe. I have used many of their other sound/heat products and been happy so went with them here too. I ended up using 4 cans to do all 4 wells but also hit the frame and anything visible in each well with the tire off.
2019 Yeti SB130 Turq Race X01
Steve Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 03:28 PM   #7

Garage
Dodge pickups have had the best looking wheel well liners since the 90's. Don't know why Ford never did that. I miss my '96 4x4.
Old 01-01-2021, 09:28 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hunt View Post
I used this, though i bought it direct from DEI...

It's black...looks good, applied easy enough, hard to say for sure but i think it built up to 1/16" - 1/8" maybe. I have used many of their other sound/heat products and been happy so went with them here too. I ended up using 4 cans to do all 4 wells but also hit the frame and anything visible in each well with the tire off.
Curious why you chose the Boom Mat over the spray-on bedliner? The bedliner has sound damping and would appear to be more rugged in that harsh environment.
Old 01-01-2021, 11:07 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hunt View Post
I used this, though i bought it direct from DEI... https://www.amazon.com/DEI-Sound-Dea...a-870254621927

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimKiteGuy View Post
Curious why you chose the Boom Mat over the spray-on bedliner? The bedliner has sound damping and would appear to be more rugged in that harsh environment.
Talked with a application engineer at DEI and he told me the spray Boom Mat was often used for the exterior wheel wells and would hold up fine. Since bedliner material was never developed as a sound dampening material and sound dampening was my objective it made sense to me to use Boom Mat.
I have used retail available aerosol bedliner in wheel wells before and it did not hold up well and I noticed no sound dampening at all so another reason to try something else.
I suppose if you took your vehicle to LineX and had them spray it it might be a better material and hold up better? but would it give any sound dampening??? they wouldn't claim any sound benefit when I talked to my local guy.
2019 Yeti SB130 Turq Race X01
Steve Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 07:04 PM   #10

Having just returned from a month in the desert and mountains, I have been considering some type liner. After hosing out the wheel wells I placed a lawn sprinkler under the van and moved it around for about an hour. The amount of mud and sand that washed out was phenomenal. After moving the van to the street, I shoveled and swept up about 10 pounds of the stuff. Some of it in the wheel wells had turned nearly cement hard and was difficult to remove, so it got me thinking about how much of the stuff was thrown around by the wheels and ended up caked on the springs, shocks and every thing else there. I may mock something up using cardboard, and see if I can come up with a design that won't trap mud and water against the metal.
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote