Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-10-2020, 07:55 AM   #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxacceleration View Post
What, did bicylces go extinct?? Any good rides?
Have you tried any of the valley to coast routes? Salmonberry (Port of Tillamook railroad) is on the top of my to-do list. This is not a road ride however.
https://www.salmonberrytrail.org

If you want less crowds, there are some rides around Corvallis. Corvallis to Rogue Brewery in Newport is one of my favorites. If you take highway 180 through Summit, and then veer off again through Toledo, you avoid most of the worst parts of highway 20. Another scenic ride, but a bit longer, is going the Alsea Falls loop.

https://ridewithgps.com/ambassador_r...is-osu?lang=en

My favorite ride however is Old McKenzie Pass, Highway 242. Early summer you can do it car-less, but mid-week rides should have little traffic. I'd avoid it weekends however.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5135.jpg  

Old 07-10-2020, 08:11 AM   #92

My road bike is a Canondale Cyclocross bike. I went with it because disc-brakes on road bikes were non-existent at the time, and most of my commutes were in the rain, so they were a must IMO. And I wanted to ride dirt roads and old railbeds, and this was way before Gravel Bikes became their own market.

My mountain bike is a Yeti ASX, with 180mm of travel front and rear. It's a great downhill bike. Not so great of an uphill bike, so it'll be going on a diet later this summer.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0651.jpg   IMG_0391.jpg  
Old 07-10-2020, 08:59 AM   #93

Garage
The amount of riding I do has been diminished. Especially since my wife can no longer ride. My work schedule is opposite of the very few friends I have left that ride. I did however get on the bike a few weeks ago. We have some trails we’ve been riding since around the mid 90’s that were pretty much unknown. Now they are part of a trail system and we actually have to share. They built bridges over all the creek crossings which sucks. The nicest part about the 25 creek crossings was being able to stay cool during our 100 degree days. Oh well, we got the goods for a long time before it got discovered.

Last ride though was not pleasant for me for the first time ever. It’s a 12 mile dh and after about 6 miles, my hands were so fatigued that I could barely hang on anymore. Specifically the right hand. Not quite sure what to do about it. After talking to some friends about the dilemma one of my buddies suggested I look into a company that make suspension grips. This intrigued me. Checked out their site and was able to talk to them yesterday about their setup and what they recommended. I have a set on the way to me now. Really hoping they make a difference. I was really bummed out after that last ride. If anyone else is interested in checking the company out this is their website: https://revgrips.com/

"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 09:40 AM   #94

The pandemic and working remote has increased my bicycle time. Average a bit over 100 miles per week riding 5 days. Right from the house mostly. I see cars occasionally but real quiet out here. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200617_084243.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	102.6 KB
ID:	34338
simplesez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 10:24 AM   #95

I haven't been using the van as much but certainly riding a lot. A few pics from the last month or two. Now hunkered down and doing a big brake upgrade on the van as corona is going nuts in my state.
Attached Thumbnails
38 Special_1.jpg   38 Special_2.jpg   Sunset Send.jpg   Virgin Rim_2.jpg   Guacamole camp2.jpg  

Guacamole.jpg  
JoeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 04:51 PM   #96

I'm glad you guys are still alive! LOL
I endoed hard last fall which has give me caution on trails lately - I don't know exactly why I did it. Hurt like hell and I had to get up & finish the ride. 59 years of age is a bit old for endoes lol. I can't crash like that again.
As far as bike paths vs sharing the road... I too shared the roads forever vs bike paths. Paths were just connectors to our road network.
BUT... with people texting endlessly on roads these days, I feel more in danger sharing now. You see people going over the center line or fog line all the time these days. Cyclists are getting hit.
I have my paths in which I can do 10, 15, 17 miles and double each by reversing the loops so its not so redundant. Just my way.
I have pedaled so hard over the years as a racer wannabe, I have a bit of burn out. I ride easy with the wife these days.
Still, I have bought two (more) bikes in the last two years. A Giant pedal assist and a Scott gravel grinder.
I appreciate good bicycle design!
Old 07-11-2020, 04:15 PM   #97
Site Team

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeH View Post
I haven't been using the van as much but certainly riding a lot. A few pics from the last month or two. Now hunkered down and doing a big brake upgrade on the van as corona is going nuts in my state.
Nice looking peaks in the background of the first two. Looks like a full crew on the trail.

Life and baseball both sometimes are not fair, but it is how you play the hops that counts.
—Scott Miller, NYT Sports
rionapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 08:50 PM   #98
Site Team

Garage
Bicycle Interests, All Types Welcome!

I’m out playing in Idaho and heading to Bozeman Thursday but these are a few pictures of Ozberg ridge trail and Baker lake trail.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1318.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	9.0 KB
ID:	34572Name:  IMG_1309.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  2.2 KB

Most the time the Copilot is Now Sophie dog the noise maker.

2000 7.3 PS Quigley/RB30 with a 6 window poptop.
Gooseberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 09:41 PM   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooseberry View Post
I’m out playing in Idaho and heading to Bozeman Thursday but these are a few pictures of Ozberg ridge trail and Baker lake trail.
Attachment 34572
Nice. Looks like fun.
YoTerryh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 11:11 AM   #100

Bicycle Interests, All Types Welcome!

I’ll play.

Live and ride in Phoenix mostly. Been on an Evil Insurgent for the past few years, eyeballing an Offering pretty hard.

Name:	Adjustments.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	34947

En route to SW Utah, two motos in the back of the van.

Name:	Adjustments.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	34948
ibike is offline   Reply With Quote