Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-19-2008, 07:33 PM   #11

I have tried to post the pics of the motorcycle carriers but I can't seem to get them to upload. I think the pixels may be too large.....Anyway, if you are interested, email me & I will send them direct.
Woot..................

WOOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 08:36 AM   #12

Re: Motorcycle Carriers

I got these images from Woot, so I converted them so they could be loaded and shared.

Thanks Woot.

Attached Thumbnails
Rear_Rack_2_converted.gif   Rear_Rack_1_converted.gif   Rear_Rack_3_converted.gif  
AHuey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 08:40 AM   #13

Last 2 photos from Woot
Attached Thumbnails
Front_Rack_converted.gif   Rear_Rack_4_converted.gif  
Old 06-30-2009, 10:49 AM   #14
NRL

Send a message via Yahoo to NRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHuey
I got these images from Woot, so I converted them so they could be loaded and shared.

Thanks Woot.
I just wanted added my two cents that Ahuey/Woot's 3 hitch Setup is the way to do it.
Would like to see the blueprints on that if it's custom DIY..

I used the Motorjack rack and now the stronger Ultimate MX Carrier and it works but not recommended if you do any 4x4ing cuz the bike sways alot.

We don't use trailers cuz it just doesn't go where we want to go.

For a motorcycle carrier, you really need the additional two hitch points to stop it from swaying.

Here is my setup:

Warn12kWinch,FFloater,LSlip,Pwtrx Locker 4.10 305x70x16 ToyoMTs,Eagle Alloys,Stove,4CF Ppane Fridge, Air CompTank,Supersprings, Bilstein Shocks,Deavers,CastIron Diff Case, Bullet Proof ReBuilt Transmission, Tubulator DeRale Trans Pan Cover, SSExhaust, KyoceraSolar, Tripplite UPS, 8D AGM, TivoHD, 24in HDLED
95 FJ80 ARB/Kaymar/Emu
2005 AMG CL65 691hp 875tq
NRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 07:20 AM   #15

LeadDoggy built his own rack. Has had it on three different vans now. Had Echart build a custom receiver for the Ford but built just added two receivers to aftermarket receivers for other two vans.

LeadDoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 11:15 AM   #16

This is the one I welded up from basically scrap. It's been thru CO,WY.MT,SD,ND and to NM before long. It's a great way to hual a bike.viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2687&p=22098&hilit=hitch#p2209 8
Stumpalump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 04:27 PM   #17

Nice job Stumpalump. Is it attached only at the trailer hitch receiver? How is it in terms of stability/rocking?
Old 07-07-2009, 08:19 PM   #18

Hi Gents,

Just picked up my van from GTRV, where I had a motorcycle carrier solution fabricated and installed, it is SSSWWEEETTTT and looks like an OEM accessory. This what Roy did:

1) Class III trailer hitch installed and modified with 2 additional receiver boxes - welded to the trailer hitch on either side of the original receiver.

2) Started with an AMC-400 Motorcycle hitch carrier that I supplied and he added 2 hitch tubes that fit into the 2 additional receiver boxes on the hitch. The tubes are welded to flanges which are bolted to the aluminum track of the motorcycle carrier. The flanges mirror the original flange for the main hitch tube and add a lot of additional strength to the carrier track. This baby is sturdy now!!

3) Painted the flanges to match the grey of the original AMC-400 flange, and the additional receiver boxes to match the hitch.

4) Installed and wired up a trailer light kit (tail & brake) on the hitch. He ran the the wiring through the main hitch tube, underneath & along the carrier rail. It is such a clean job, it doesn't look like there is any wiring after it enters the main tube near the hitch!!

My wife and I stood on it (total of about 270 lbs) and the thing didn't budge. Now all I have to do is get a suitable bike, probably a Kawasaki XL25S or Yamaha WR250R.

Needless to say, I am totally happy with the end product! Here is an aerial photo, I'll try to take a few more tomorrow.

Attached Thumbnails
MC_Hitch_Carrier 002_converted.gif  
Old 07-08-2009, 07:12 AM   #19

Two supports are better than one
Three supports are better than two

Nice Job AHuey!
LeadDoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 08:58 PM   #20

Right On Dude! That looks great! You'll never have any trouble hauling with that!
Woot.........
WOOT is offline   Reply With Quote