Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-25-2021, 04:33 PM   #1

00 Ford E-350 4X4 Camper or Shell

Extended body window van with homebuilt camper conversion.
I am willing to sell the van as it sits now or with the interior removed, details below.

2000 Ford E-350 Super Duty EB Passenger, 5.4 V8, 150,300 mi.
6" Ujoint Leaf Spring 4WD conversion performed at Ujoint in NC Jan 2017 at 135,000 mi. (With the exception of the engine the drivetrain has, at most, 15,000 mi.)
Dana 60 rear axle with Yukon air locker, Dana 60 front axle with open diff.
Geared 4.56
4R100 transmission with 5-Star tuner, NP 271 lever shift transfer case.
315/75-16 BFGoodrich on black powdercoated Ford steelies. Two spares, one mounted on an Aluminess rear tire carrier, for a total of six tires/wheels.
Ujoint 35 gal. aluminum fuel tank.
ARB Dual air compressor and tank frame mounted and plumbed to the rear axle locker as well as both bumpers.
Cibie headlamps (in KC Daylighter buckets) wired as auxiliary high beams and switched auxiliary low beams.
Hummer H1 jack with Agile Offroad frame/axle adapter.
Passenger seat swivel.
Cargo area of the van is covered by a BedRug VanTred, a heavy duty vinyl floor covering milled on the back to fill the grooves in the floor.

The above list, with one possible exception, is what will come with the completely stripped van. The exception is my Cibies, if a buyer doesn't want them I will take the lamps off but leave the relays/wiring/switch.

The following is somewhat permanently mounted in that removal will leave a few holes through the body which would need to be filled/patched:

Propane system consisting of:
Custom underbody aluminum box in former spare tire location.
30# horizontal tank feeding two-stage regulator then a 4-way manifold.
Propex HS2000 externally vented heater mounted just behind driver's seat.
Jacketed 3/8" copper tube routed to heater and side door footwell for stove.
Two open taps on manifold for addl heater, bbq, etc.

If the propane system is removed the following holes through the body will be open: two about 1 1/2" diameter for the heater intake and exhaust, four sheet metal screwholes and one 3/4" for the gas line all in the floor behind the driver's seat. One 3/4" hole through the side of the barn door footwell.
The interior construction utilizes existing threaded holes originally for seats and seatbelts.

The interior has been an ongoing project for me. I'm a woodworker so I spent my money on the 4WD conversion and figured on doing the inside myself. When I first bought the van I threw together a kitchen and two beds to take an older relative on one last road trip. After that I set it up to accomodate me while storing my mountain bike inside. Since I was in the south until recently I never worried about insulation. Here in Colorado that item had moved up my list... Since an uninsulated van set up for one is probably not a popular design I think the following items could also be seen as ingredients for an interior re-do.

Two 125ah DEKA AGM batteries charging off the alternator through a Hellroaring battery isolator.
Engle 45 liter chest fridge.
Dometic 2-burner propane stove.
17.5 gal. fresh water system with Whale foot pump.
6 gal. gray tank.
Dometic Porta-potty in a custom seat/cabinet.
Stove cabinet has three drawers and a slide-out table. The same table can be hung off the side of the cabinet for the swiveled passenger seat.
Cherry countertop with stainless undermount sink.
Handmade copper faucet.

The van was an airport shuttle for a motel in TN for it's first five years. Then they lost the title and it sat for eight years. I bought it in 2013 with 107,000 on it. Had a clear TN title two weeks later. It now has a clean, clear CO title and passed emmissions in Sept. 2020. It came with the dents in the barn doors, I was told they are from a bollard at a gas station. The doors don't leak so it just hasn't been a priority to replace them. The ding in the front right fender was me trying to fit into a campsite in AZ. Didn't quite. The gray primer around the rain gutters is from preventative replacement of the seam sealer.

Sparkplugs, belts, hoses, coolant replaced Aug. 2019 at 145,000 mi.
Front sway bar bushings replaced and brake fluid flushed Jan 2021 at 150,100 mi.

Obviously I don't drive the van a whole lot. It has never been my daily driver and most miles were put down just getting out west from TN. I moved to CO in 2019, went to Bonneville that summer and had a list of destinations ready for last year. Oh, well. Meanwhile, I am losing a shop building back east and have to go mobile. I would not ask this van to tow a 10k# trailer so I am going to a 550/5500 size truck.

I will not prioritize a higher dollar sale over a lower dollar option. All the items I remove I can use in my new build. I will honor communications in the order received but the first person who puts money in my hand gets their chosen option. I will require a downpayment before I take it apart.

Van as it sits with everything: $34,000
Van with propane box, tank, manifold, lines, and Propex heater: $32,000
Van as descibed above the line of asterisks (stripped of interior and propane system) $30,500

The van is near Boulder, CO.

Tucker
chilhoweeworkshop@gmail.com
865-599-1634

Wooddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 04:36 PM   #2

Pics got lost, try again.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1705 (Medium).JPG   IMG_1704 (Medium).JPG   IMG_1707 (Medium).JPG   IMG_1706 (Medium).JPG  
Old 03-25-2021, 04:42 PM   #3

More pictures:
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0153 (Medium).JPG   IMG_0154 (Medium).JPG   IMG_0158 (Medium).JPG   IMG_0107 (Medium).JPG   IMG_0108 (Medium).JPG  

IMG_0109 (Medium).JPG  
Old 03-25-2021, 04:45 PM   #4

More interior:
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0110 (Medium).JPG   IMG_0113 (Medium).JPG   IMG_0118 (Medium).JPG   IMG_0123 (Medium).JPG   IMG_0129 (Medium).JPG  

IMG_0133 (Medium).JPG  
Old 03-25-2021, 04:50 PM   #5

And some more:
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0134 (Medium).JPG   IMG_0141 (Medium).JPG   IMG_0151 (Medium).JPG   IMG_0146 (Medium).JPG   IMG_0152 (Medium).JPG  

Old 04-04-2021, 04:56 PM   #6

Nice... I like that interior arrangement. I am working on a 15 passenger now myself. Looking forward to getting it built out...Good luck with sale.

Pete
Beachbumpete is offline   Reply With Quote