Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-25-2014, 09:03 AM   #21

Re: '02 Sportsmobile E350 EB 7.3L Diesel Quigley 4x4- $30K

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongcrosby
You guys sure he didn't sell it already. In the Pinterest link he provided he shows a picture of some chick holding the keys
Saw that too, but said it was pinned 30 weeks ago. There are other posts only a day old showing the rig...

Firetrux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 09:53 AM   #22

The van is still for sale. I have gotten a number of messages, phone calls and emails, but no one has come out to check out the van. I'm currently located just outside Washington DC, and have been for a few months. My guess is that I'm located on the wrong coast for a quick sale, as these rigs are much more common out west.

I have considered the audience and for sure I bought it from the original owner, who is of this demographic. The graphics are just vinyl, so come off really easily. I have kept them on as they are great advertising for my website. The action shot shouldn't scare anyone off, as it highlights the capabilities of the rig, but I fully hear what your saying. There wasn't really any sliding, so not sure about calling them donuts, but I was driving in big circles in the middle of the dry lake bed in order to get this shot.

The Pinterest pic with the girl and the keys is of my girlfriend Sarah who travels with me full time. That shot is the first time I let here drive the van.

The gaucho has at least 2 seat belts, but I think its actually 3. They have been on the floor under the couch since I got the van. I use the couch a ton as a bed, and haven't had anyone seat belted in back there.

I really do like the layout of this van, and it is quite a bit different than the normal 50. I feel that while it gives a little less interior room to lounge inside it is a better balance of storage and living space.

Rig is still available and ready for a new home. I appreciate all the positive feedback.
Old 01-28-2014, 11:52 AM   #23

20k and I'll send a driver!!!:mrgreen:
Just saying
buck
Van Specialties build out
buckkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 01:51 PM   #24

I think the main problem is that you have Fluid boats in the photos.

No one likes those Heavy UK tubbs. You need some Liquid Logic or a Snyder Design Squirtboat in the photo, that would make it sell like a hot cake.

Just sayin, let me know if you want to stop by to borrow some boats for a proper photo!

1980 Vanagon Westy (Taylor)
ProfessorPaddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 04:00 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorPaddle

No one likes those Heavy UK tubbs. You need some Liquid Logic or a Snyder Design Squirtboat in the photo, that would make it sell like a hot cake.

Just sayin, let me know if you want to stop by to borrow some boats for a proper photo!

Ouch, I be he isn't going to enjoy that 'eVANgelizin'
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 12:00 PM   #26

The van is SOLD! She was picked up in MD today by its new owner Lance from NM. It is currently on a cross country drive to its new home. Lots of rock climbing adventures in its future. Stoked it sold, and for $30K, but surprisingly emotional about it leaving. It has been my home and transportation for over 2 yrs full of crazy adventures. I'm going to miss it for sure! Now what to build now??????? I'll have a new rig sorted before the end of March, but still don't know what it will be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorPaddle

Maybe was the issue! These are old ones made in South Africa, back when I was the US distributor for the boats. I'm not a fan of many of the changes they have made since I left in '07. The boats I have are still holding up, have great hull designs and I can't afford new plastic.

Always love a little 'eVANgelizin'
Old 02-07-2014, 06:43 PM   #27

Congrats to both!!
Buck
Van Specialties build out
buckkiller is offline   Reply With Quote