Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-17-2013, 12:59 PM   #1

'06 Ford E350 RB 6.0L UJOR 4x4 w/ SMB Camper Top ***SOLD***

***SOLD***

Really hate to have to do this, but have some debt to get out from under, so looking to sell the beast...
$23,500 or best offer.

Up front and inside:
- 2006 E350 Super Duty 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel RB
- 117,000 miles
- DP Tuner 80hp 'economy' tune, tuner and cables included
- FatMat lined interior for sound deadening and insulation
- 3-person bench seat (currently removed/unbolted)
- Pioneer FH-X500 CD receiver w/ remote
- Edge Insight CS monitor w/ thermocouple

Underneath:
- U-Joint Off-Road 6" lift and conversion kit
- Atlas springs front/rear
- Bilstein 5100 shocks front/rear
- Pro-Comp steering shock
- Rear wheel spacers
- Crossover steering kit
- Front sway bar links
- F-series Super Duty solid axle front end with 3.73 gear
- F-series Super Duty transfer case
- U-Joint Off-Road front bumper
- U-Joint Off-Road 38g fuel tank
- Aluminess spare tire carrier
- 5 x Black Rock Yuma 17" x 8" wheels
- Warn premium hubs
- BFG AT's 315/70R17
- N-Fab side steps/bars
- Ford Excursion rear drive shaft
- Yukon 3.73 ring/pinion upgrade (stock gearing 3.55)
- DieselSite remote coolant filter
- Sinister EGR update

Up top:
- Camper top installed by Sportsmobile Austin
- Yakima MegaWarrior basket w/ extension, 4 x crossbars, 8 x Control Towers
- Hi-Lift jack carrier (jack not included)

From the beginning then. . . Sometime in July '12 this van was purchased as a stock RB E350 Super Duty cargo van with the intent of one day building the ultimate, go-anywhere, do-anything, adventure vehicle. The cargo shelving was removed and sold along with the running boards and bulkhead, a 2" leveling kit installed along with some larger tires to tide the project over until conversion plans/logistics were sorted out. Having discovered some of the known issues with the 6.0L PSD's after purchasing the van, the remote coolant filter was installed to keep the coolant clean and the Edge monitor with thermocouple was installed to monitor exhaust and coolant temps. Once the UJOR 6" conversion kit was decided on and ordered, I began looking for a F-series Super Duty front end for the solid axle swap and, much to my disappointment, discovered the stock rear axle gearing was 3.55 -- which wasn't going to work with 33" or larger tires. Early '13 the rear gear ratio was upgraded to Yukon 3.73, pallets and boxes of conversion parts began arriving and Sportsmobile Austin installed the pop-up camper top. After taking a few pre-conversion camping trips, picking up wheels/tires and finally locating a F-series front end, it was time to commit to the solid axle swap, which was primarily performed by a wizard mechanic friend at a local 4x4 shop. After the van was lifted up on leaf springs and the solid axle installed, the van was driven in 2WD for a number of months until a NV271 transfer case could be sourced and installed. The transmission tail housing and transfer case were installed mid-August, finally transforming the van into a 4x4 van, plus utilizing the factory rear drive shaft from a Ford Excursion saved me from having to modify and/or purchase a new rear drive shaft. At this point a road trip was in order, so we loaded up the dogs and drove to New Mexico, Utah and Colorado, putting the 4x4 to good use in the Four Corners area, Moab and taking the Ophir Pass east toward Silverton. Once back home, some minor adjustments were made to the 4WD shifter, pivot and linkage.

Van is located in Austin, Texas. Thanks for lookin', there are a few images located in my gallery and I'll keep adding more. Please contact me with serious questions and I'll respond as quickly as I can.

citizen72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 01:48 PM   #2
Site Team

Garage
Re: '06 Ford E350 RB 6.0L UJOR 4x4 w/ SMB Camper Top

It's kinda hard to tell the color (light blue?) from the pics. Seems like a really good deal for somebody to work off of.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 01:58 PM   #3

You're right, thanks for pointing that out, some of the images even look white. The van is silver and it's priced to move!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveb
It's kinda hard to tell the color (light blue?) from the pics. Seems like a really good deal for somebody to work off of.
Old 12-18-2013, 10:13 AM   #4

I am very interested in the van. Could you send additional photos to rontele at gmail dot com. Many thanks.

David
Rontele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 11:49 AM   #5

Ad should read "FREE VAN" with the purchase of sportsmobile pop top, ujoint 4x4 conversion, nerf bars,ujoint front bumper, ect.....
Great buy for someone for sure! Just ship back to Chris for 6.0 bullet proofing and done
Buck
Van Specialties build out
buckkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 02:37 PM   #6

Pretty much. DP Tuner and 80hp tune, Edge CS monitor w/ thermocouple, DieselSite remote coolant filter included, EGR delete already performed. Someone could send this over to Chris for the rest of the 'body-off' work and still save a bundle of money to build out the interior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckkiller
Ad should read "FREE VAN" with the purchase of sportsmobile pop top, ujoint 4x4 conversion, nerf bars,ujoint front bumper, ect.....
Great buy for someone for sure! Just ship back to Chris for 6.0 bullet proofing and done
Buck
Old 12-18-2013, 03:01 PM   #7
GYG

I've seen this for sale on EXPO for alittle while now. Great price but in that thread he did mention that this price reflects the fact that it does need a new cylinder head gasket. Best of luck on the sale!

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/t ... Camper-Van
GYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 03:37 PM   #8

Correct, though the price more accurately reflects one (California) buyer's cost to restore the EGR and install an EGR cooler, along with the head gasket replacement, cleaning up the heads, etc. Since a local diesel performance shop diagnosed the issue the other week there hasn't been any oil weeping from the head and even pre-diagnosis it was only showing moisture along the head down to the oil filter and a bit on the oil pan - never enough to leave a drop/spot on the street or driveway. There are a number of others I've spoken with, including diesel mechanics and 6.0L owners, regarding this issue who have stated '...that's a diesel engine for you...', but since this only started showing signs after the most recent oil/filter change under 1k miles ago, I wanted to adjust the price so whoever buys the van can finish up the bullet-proofing if they choose... Or wait until 150k miles and knock everything out when doing an injector job...

To be clear, the van runs great, I wouldn't hesitate to drive it from coast to coast and back. We've had several below freezing days recently and I was pleasantly surprised when the engine fired right up (after having had the block heater plugged in) and ran flawlessly on a 25 degree morning. The heater and the FatMat liner kept the inside nice and toasty as well.

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GYG
I've seen this for sale on EXPO for alittle while now. Great price but in that thread he did mention that this price reflects the fact that it does need a new cylinder head gasket. Best of luck on the sale!

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/t ... Camper-Van
Old 12-19-2013, 05:56 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rontele
I am very interested in the van. Could you send additional photos to rontele at gmail dot com. Many thanks.

David
If this is the Rontele I think it is, maybe they should send you a pm!!
Jong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 08:10 AM   #10

Oh yesh, PM and emails sent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rontele

David
If this is the Rontele I think it is, maybe they should send you a pm!!