Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-09-2012, 06:52 PM   #1

15" Ford aluminum wheels (Maryland) SOLD

SOLD I have four stock aluminum 15" E150 wheels (5 on 5 1/2") with center caps removed from our 1998 GTRV conversion when I swapped to the E350 front and full floating rear. Two wheels with Michelin 235/75-R15 XC LT4 tires (104/101R load rating, 1985lbs @ 50psi), 5/16" tread. Two wheels with Michelin LTX M/S 235/75R15 tires (104/101R load rating, 1985lbs @ 50psi) 5/16" tread purchased in September 2011 and barely have 1000 miles on them. Wheels need a cleaning but are in good shape. Also included is a Ford steel wheel with a "Radial AP Super Sport" tire (kept as spare, never used). I'm asking $400 for all of them. Located near Westminster MD. SOLD

Thanks,
Robert

wingate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:45 PM   #2

Re: 15" Ford aluminum wheels (Maryland)

So how did the front-end swap turn out? I've been meaning to PM you. I haven't done mine yet, as too many other expenses have been popping up, from $500 for new van house batteries to a new $6000 AC unit for my "real" house. Still on my to-do list, though, hopefully before next summer.

If you have the time, you should write up about the swap for the forum. I'm sure it would be useful for lots of other folks (and me!).
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:45 PM   #3

Re: 15" Ford aluminum wheels (Maryland)

As they say, "All's well that ends well". It took some last minute parts orders and some late night wrenching before our scheduled trip to St. Louis, but I got it all done in time and it has been working great. I feel much more comfortable driving down the road on E load rated tires with all the weight of the conversion. After our trip, I did swap the master cylinder for the larger bore E250/350 of the same year (1 1/8" vs 1 1/4") and it took care of the last of my worries, the longer than normal travel of the brake pedal.

I have all of the part numbers for the various odds and ends that didn't come with the take off parts, and will one day sit down to write it up. In the end, it was worth the peace of mind (and lost sleep) having stronger tires and that full-floater axle.
Thanks again for the tip on the parts,

Robert
wingate is offline   Reply With Quote