Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-08-2018, 03:22 PM   #1

'15 Ram 5500 Laramie 4X4 and/or Okanagan Dual Slide Camper.

I know it's not a Sporty, but here goes:

Truck $66k. Camper $24K. I am firm on these prices. Descriptions below. Thank you for looking and if interested, please drop me a PM only. Thanks!

Ram: Custom ordered this Ram (2015). Cummins 6.7 diesel, HD Aisin six speed auto transmission, 4x4. Only 28,000+ miles on it as of this writing. Personal use vehicle used only for our camper (and/or boat, small horse trailer, etc). Laramie (almost non existent when it comes to the 5500 (that's why the special order)). Leather, Nav, rear and front cameras, unlocked Nav (so you can input while going down the road), vented and heated front seats, heated steering wheel, all the factory fancy stuff, Alcoas, dual tanks (74gals total), dual alternators (440 amps total), Buck Stop winch bumper (one-off so it would not block the projector headlights. You can remove the bull bar if you want), PIAA led lights in bumper and PIAA halogen pencil beam driving lights under bumper (replaced the factory driving lights (uses the same factory mechanism to turn them on), Pro-Tec under and upper boxes, Bradford built flatbed (with GN hitch) with custom spare tire well (1" livestock mats on top of the flatbed to protect the camper and the flatbed), rear air bags, Super Hitch, bed is set lower for the camper (which really works better for everything), under body factory skid plates, N-Fab tube steps (one did its job when backing at the tight boat launch and a rock jumped out at me, so that one (passenger side) is dented). 4.44 gearing (way better for going down the highway than the other options), dual center storage that flips up to a middle seat in the front (seats 6), cold weather group, convenience group, trailer brake group... I'm forgetting lots. Only owned by me. A new bare Ram 5500, optioned like this, if you can even find one, will set you back close to $75k. Add the flatbed ($3,675), Modifying the FB for the spare ($?), Buckstop front winch bumper ( $2,384), Warn 16.5TI Winch ($1,624), Protec Boxes (lower) 2x ($1,154.26), Upper Pro-Tec Boxes (2) ($1419.12), Superhitch Magnum ($800), Jailbreak ($449 (that's so you can input into Nav while driving, have cameras, etc), N-Fab steps ($364), Air Lift 5000 Ultimate bags in back ($388) + another set of bag(s) still in the box(es) -Can't remember if I have one spare or two spare bags PIAA LED and Halogen lights ($400 (approx)), Complete Flo-Pro Exhaust with muffler in boxes ($400-$500? I can't recall), etc., etc. It adds up fast. 3 spares (one Alcoa and two steel)!! No trades. Oregon tags good until 2019.

Small doink on hood from son's basketball. Not visible from vehicle and not very noticeable (I doubt most would notice unless pointed out). Doink shown in pic. I may get it popped out if I ever take my Ram to the big city in the not so distant future (quoted $175 to pop it out (if I do, I do, if I don't, I don't. It's no big thang)

Neither truck nor title will be released until funds clear through my credit union. Thanks!

I've done my best to provide a very thorough description of my truck. If you have additional questions (or want additional images), please ask when you come to see the truck in person or send me a PM (please do not turn this into a discussion thread). It's a used vehicle, but in as near new condition as you are likely to find. With over $80 invested in the truck, I am firm on the price. Thank you.

Okanagan:
First, the factory spiel: 2007 Okanagan 116ULT, The Okanagans Ultimate Suite is truly the king of campers. The revolutionary design of the 116ULT Ultimate Suite camper is based upon the concept of having a full-size slideout on each side of the camper, not just the mini-slides that are already common in the industry. The full-size slides open up the interior to provide room for luxurious amenities usually only found in travel trailers and fifth-wheels - here you'll find a horseshoe dinette with elliptical table, a spacious bathroom with a separate glass enclosed shower and built-in seat, a wardrobe for hanging clothing and even a fireplace. In addition to the extra roominess, the Ultimate Suite features the refrigerator in the slideout, approximately 44 cubic feet of storage space, solar reflective thermal-pane windows, insulated and heated enclosures for the holding tanks and 1-inch blue SM high-density foam insulation that makes this a four-season camper. The galley features a deep double-bowl sink and an L-shape counter, so the chef can spread out and really whip up something nice for dinner. The loft bedroom comes with a TV shelf and lots of wardrobe space that complements the full stand-up wardrobe next to the refrigerator. Under-bed storage and basement storage beneath the main body of the camper stand ready to accommodate more cargo.

Now, here are the goods: Canadian built campers are the best. This is a true four-season camper with heated tanks. Several custom, expensive, modifications on this Okanagan to make it better than new. Interior lights LED. All exterior lights replaced with LED lights (clearance, tail, etc). Full size queen pillow top mattress. Drop down bunk over dinette. Cheap original medicine cabinet replaced with fancy Kohler cabinet (Aluminum with inside and outside mirrors). Kitchen facet replaced with a nice Moen facet. A second, matching, dual battery box installed. In other words, this camper has four large RV batteries! Samsung LED Smart TV (so you can watch hours of movies on those long Winter evenings). These campers originally rested on a wood subframe. Replaced that with T-6 Aluminum for weight savings and greater strength ($500 in aluminum alone). Another place Okanagan needed improvement was the thin plastic skirts at the rear of the camper. Replaced those with aluminum diamond plate. Recently upgraded all the jacks with Happijacs latest HD jacks (Model 4800 (huge increase in capacity over the orig jacks and 3" greater lift height). Those jacks were approx $1300 for all four. Black/Grey drain moved further aft so the camper could sit on a long flatbed!! So, this camper can be used on a flatbed or regular pickup bed. This camper requires a 3500/350 pickup. Replaced the orig slide toppers with new, boxed and better Carefree SideOut Kover III (nearly $1k for both). Here's where it gets really exciting: 590W of solar, a 3000w Pure Sine Wave Inverter, two automatic transfer switches, inline surge protector, a Blue Sea Systems subpanel that allows powering all outlets and the microwave (I did not want to power the waterheater or the fridge with the inverter as not as efficient).

***EDIT: After going back and forth regarding keeping the solar and all those pricey electrical upgrades, I will sell the camper, as it sits, with all the electronic upgrades/solar for $24000 FIRM as it seems everyone wants the solar/inverter setup. 3x 160W solar panels are Canadian, not Chinese. 110W panel is USA. This setup allows you to boondock indefinably.

The price is firm. We get tons of compliments on our setup wherever we go. I mean, tons!

Guess I forgot a few things. Has every factory option available except the silly fake electric fireplace. Additionally, this camper is plumbed for gas (two shutoff valves for extra safety) in case you want to run a Wave 6 heater (not included) inside as well (great heaters that use zero electricity and sip the propane). Has an Onan 2500W propane generator onboard, but it sees almost no use (not much more than the occasional "exercising" of the generator as is recommended). Exterior BBQ hookup with hose and small bottle adapter (Weber Q grill (not included) is perfect for this).

Factory Specs/Layout (attached) states "2006", but it's the same for 2007.

Fresh Oregon Tags!

Neither camper nor title will be released until funds clear through my credit union.

Although the price for the camper and the truck are very firm, I would be willing to discuss a package price, within reason, should you buy both (PM me only please). Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
o3.jpg   ram6.jpg   ram5.jpg   ram8.jpg   ram.jpg  

ram11.jpg   Ram12.jpg   Ram13.jpg   ram4.jpg  

Old 10-08-2018, 03:25 PM   #2

More Pics:
Attached Thumbnails
o1.jpg   o2.jpg   o4.jpg   o5.jpg   o10.jpg  

o11.jpg   o17.jpg   o16.jpg   o15.jpg   o14.jpg  

Old 10-08-2018, 03:28 PM   #3

and more pics:
Attached Thumbnails
o12.jpg   o7.jpg   Ram Meadows.jpg   Ram Hitch.jpg   Ram Bed.jpg  

Old 10-30-2018, 06:49 PM   #4

A couple more pics
Attached Thumbnails
20181030_114917-600x620.jpg   20181021_175658-800x600.jpg  
deminimis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 06:48 PM   #5

Truck Sold. Camper still available.
Old 11-10-2018, 07:52 PM   #6
MSD

Garage
You’ll probably have better luck over on Expedition Portal than here... worth a try if it’s not listed there, congrats on the sale of the truck... one down one to go ��
1997 E350 7.3l 2wd - Sold
MSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 08:05 PM   #7

It's there too. Actually, the truck buyer really, really liked the camper. They may be coming back.