Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-10-2020, 10:07 AM   #1

1973 Ford E-350 4x4

Good Friday everyone:
Regretfully, I must sell a project vehicle that I inherited from my late brother. I was trying to get this done in his honor but due to family issues cannot continue.
He bought the van as stated above, a retired ski resort ambulance, with the intention of making it "baja ready" and then we were going south for fun and motorcycle adventures...he passed away before any of that happened.
The van's running gear and drivetrain have all been rebuilt and have zero miles. The engine is fresh out of the crate, a factory 490 but now at 531 cubic inches (a monster!). The front and rear axles (1 ton) have been completely rebuilt as well as the transmission and transfer case. I also have a brand new set of BFG KM2 tires (285x16) with a new set of lug nuts. Again, noting has ANY miles, all of it brand new.
I'm happy to part things out but would prefer someone buy everything together...your choice.
The photos I have are of the van itself but will gladly provide photos of the engine, tranny, tires...whatever.

Please don't hesitate to give me a call or write...(949) 445-9497.

ChaplainArin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 10:45 AM   #2
MSD

Garage
Sorry you and your brother never got to enjoy this rig...

pictures for potential buyers will help a lot.
1997 E350 7.3l 2wd - Sold
MSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 11:00 AM   #3

1973 Ford E-350 4x4

Good Friday everyone:
Regretfully, I must sell a project vehicle that I inherited from my late brother. I was trying to get this done in his honor but due to family issues cannot continue.
He bought the van as stated above, a retired ski resort ambulance, with the intention of making it "baja ready" and then we were going south for fun and motorcycle adventures...he passed away before any of that happened.
The van's running gear and drivetrain have all been rebuilt and have zero miles. The engine is fresh out of the crate, a factory 490 but now at 531 cubic inches (a monster!). The front and rear axles (1 ton) have been completely rebuilt as well as the transmission and transfer case. I also have a brand new set of BFG KM2 tires (285x16) with a new set of lug nuts. Again, noting has ANY miles, all of it brand new.
I'm happy to part things out but would prefer someone buy everything together...your choice.
The photos I have are of the van itself but will gladly provide photos of the engine, tranny, tires...whatever.

Please don't hesitate to give me a call or write...(949) 445-9497.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/i2xfmzmmb...fw0_qKsRa?dl=0
ChaplainArin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 07:53 AM   #4
Site Team

Sorry for your loss. My oldest brother passed away unexpectedly about a year and a half ago, so I definitely sympathize.

If nothing else, the engine got my attention, but I think that would be to big for my early Bronco.

Herb
Old 04-12-2020, 12:46 PM   #5

Sorry about your loss : (

Just wanted to point out your title says 1973 van that motor would never fit in a van that year (doghouse). The van in that pic, could it be a 1983?
Lilnuts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 11:11 AM   #6

Are all of these new/upgraded components already installed or are they just ready to be installed (looks like the motor still may be in the crate?)? Does it drive as-is? Do you have a rough price that you're looking to get for it?

Some of this info may help others that are interested get a better idea of what they're looking at. Looks like it could be a very cool rig.
nyyankees588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 01:31 PM   #7

How about a location of the van and an asking price?

2001 Chevrolet Express 3500 Quigley 4WD ATF "Bomber Van"
1995 Chevrolet ASSTRO 4WD Quigley Custom Van
1994 Dodge B350 Sportsmobile Van
vintageracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 02:11 PM   #8

949 area code is close to me but these days the cell phones could have any location.
I am interested in the van. I could take a look at it and see what is missing. I don't need the motor but if need be with the right price I could use it. Bronco Hauler could use it as well. Also the motor is a 460 unless it would be an earlier year but the 390 never came in vans and it had an early 70's burial. If it was built then it could be a 557 with a different crank and 80 over I have never hear of a 460 to 531. Are you sure it is not a 460. Unless you transpose the numbers and you meant 351 then Bronco Hauler would be paying attention!
Vanimal is offline   Reply With Quote