Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-29-2021, 06:51 AM   #1

1994 - E250 - 138 XXX miles - Ready to go

1994 Ford E-250 SportsMobile

138 XXX Miles
5.8L V8 gas
$25,000 OBO

more picture on the facebook ad here

Clean low miles 2WD SportsMobile camper van ready for your next camping adventure.
We are moving out of state, so the van comes with all our camping gear and everything you need to start your road trip right away.

We purchased the van last year during the pandemic and we did a lot of upgrades to it, in order to prepare it for our road trip. We drove with our family from New Hampshire to Montana in April this year. We did all the recommended maintenance to make it safe and reliable for the road trip. We are currently based in Big Sky, MT where you can come to see the van until late May. We will then be in the Kalispell area and use the van until the end of June and can deliver the Van around Kalispell, MT the last week of June.If you are not local, I would be happy to have a video call to tour the van or take the van to a mechanic of your choice in the area for a pre-purchase inspection.

The van can sleep 4 persons and has seatbelts for 5. We also added 2 "ride safer" harnesses for our kids. While it's still not ideal for kids to ride sideway, it's way safer with a 3 point harness than with only the lap belt.Water, fridge, and the 2 gas burner stove are working as expected. (it also comes with an outdoor 2 burner Coleman outdoor stove).
Front AC and rear AC that work as expected. ( The rear AC can be run on the house battery or on when plugged to shore power as well).
The van has 288 AH of house battery (1 year old 200 AH + a 88AH backup battery separated by a switch). The battery can be charged when the car is running, when the van is plugged into shore power, or when the sun shines thanks to 200W of solar panels. The van also has an inverter so you can run regular A/C accessories when on the go.

History of the van: We are the 3rd owner, the van was in Texas for most of its life, and then came to Massachusetts in 2016. It was stored in a garage during winter. It was used 1 winter in New Hampshire, but it has got an undercarriage oil coating to prevent any rusting issue. All original Sportsmobile documation and invoices available.

The van doesn't have any rusting issue, every mechanic who has seen it was amazed by how clean it was for a van of its age. The only thing was some surface rust on the roof gutter, which was dealt with in 2020.

Accessories that come with it:
- 4 camping chairs
- Table (for inside the van or outside)
- Propane portable heater
- Porta-potty
- Outdoor solar shower
- Rear storage box (Wooden box built on top of a new hitch-mounted ski carrier on a swing-away frame). The wooden box can be easily removed to keep only the metal frame. But whether you use it to carry skis, surfboard, or camping stuff, I found it better to be protected from road grime).
- Awning
- Mosquito net for the door
- Kitchen utensil for 4 people
- 2 traction tracks
- 12V air compressor + tire repair kit
- Basic tool kit
- Leveling blocks
- Curtains with blackout fabric
- Hitch ball

Here is the list of the upgrade and works we did on the van in the last 12 months:
2020:
Installation of a front 2” hitch receiver + bike rack4 new tires
New front brakes
New rear ABS sensor
New freshwater tank
Fixed grey water tank
New faucet
New 200 AH house battery (in addition to the existing 88 AH house battery, there is a switch between the 2).
200W solar panel
L-Track installation on roofCustom solar shower
New Bluetooth radio
Fixed AC line. Top up AC fluid
Change all interior lights to LED
Gutter rail rust treatment
Installed USB port / voltmètre

new drums on the rear brakes
52 inches led bar light
New LED headlight
New air rear suspension
Motor tune-up
Oil change
New ignition module
New distribution beltNew air filter
1200 W pure sine wave inverter
Custom boxe on rear hitch for skis, surf board or outdoor kitchen.
New Backup camera
Priority Start module

Here is the list of small "issues" - I'm trying to be fully transparent to put at ease any potential remote buyers, I don't want any surprises on delivery day.
- As you can see in the picture there is a little dent on the rear right side
- Small scratches on driver door as seen on the picture
- One of the vinyl windows on the pop top has been damaged by a tree. It has been fixed with duct tape. I think a convertible top repair shop could fix it, but I haven't had time to deal with it, and it doesn't prevent at all to use to pop top.
- I know there is a power drain somehow between the car battery and the house electric system. I already changed the multi-battery isolator but the issue continued. Because it's very hard to pinpoint where it's coming from, I installed a priority starter on the car battery which will automatically disconnect the car battery if voltage goes below 11.7V. It basically solves the problem and won't let you stuck with a dead car battery. If it shut off, the battery will automatically reconnect when you press the brake pedal.ABS and cruise control are not working (like in most of the van of this year). My mechanic pinpoints the issue to be the front right speed sensor. But it's hard to find the part.
- There was a tiny leak on the rear main seal when I bought the van, my mechanic advised me to try some sealant additive before changing the rear main seal and keep monitoring the oil level and to my surprise, it works and stopped the leak

Etienne is offline   Reply With Quote