Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-20-2012, 08:20 AM   #1

1994 Ford E350 Quigley 4x4 cargo van - $6800

My wife and I are moving to Guam and sadly it is time to part with my beloved Quigley. The van is located in Raleigh, NC. Some details about it:

Cargo van with comfy chairs, power windows, power locks
351 with Crane cam and mild headwork
Pacesetter long tube headers, high flow cat and muffler, 3" mandrel-bent exhaust. Nice sound but not loud
Rebuilt E4OD transmission with TransGo shift kit, new filter and fluid, and 4R100 oil pan (drain plug)
Dana 60 full-float rear axle with limited slip and 4.10 gears
Dana 44 front axle with auto hubs and 4.10 gears
Borg-Warner 1356 hi/low transfer case
BF Goodrich 265/75-16 A/T tires and matching spare
Hitch, Prodigy brake controller and 7-pin plug
Alarm with keyless entry and immobilizer
Sony CD player with iPod connector and aux input
Halon fire extinguisher
Air compressor, 5-gallon air tank and retractable hose reel
Battery tender
Cold A/C and excellent heater.

Some extras:
Tool bin with jacks, recovery straps, and other MacGyver goodies
Decent junkyard middle seat (no mounting hardware)
Aluminum motorcycle ramp
Motorcycle wheel chock
Good used front left fender (existing one has a small tear/dent)

Known issues:
Minor body damage, paint is fading, clear coat coming off in a few places
Airbag light is on. Code says it is the little blue box under the dash.
Passenger window does not go up with driver's door switch. Works fine (up and down) with the passenger door switch. I checked the obvious things, and may look some more if I have time.

History:
The van is titled as an E150, as that is what it started out as. I happened across an E350 Quigley with a damaged body and could not pass up the opportunity to build the 4x4 that I had always wished I had. I ended up rebuilding the E350 chassis and then putting the blue body from my E150 on the Quigley chassis.

While I had it apart, I refreshed the engine, which only had about 70K original miles on it. Installed the new cam and lifters, did the head work, had the custom exhaust work done (including ceramic coating the headers and Y-pipes). I used the E4OD transmission out of my E150 since it had just been rebuilt a few thousand miles before. I added the shift kit, installed the updated pan and changed the filter and fluid. Replaced all the brake components (pads, rotors, calipers, front brake lines, shoes, drums and wheel cylinders) and recently replaced the shocks. I also replaced as much as I could when I had it all apart (timing chain, water pump, fuel injectors, valve guide seals, motor mounts, radiator, hoses, u-joints, etc).

The van is in great mechanical condition, I would not hesitate to hop in it tomorrow and drive across the country.

Feel free to contact me with any questions.
davelength@gmail.com or 919.609.9787
Dave

Davelength is offline   Reply With Quote