Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-08-2012, 09:12 PM   #1

1995 Ford Quigley RB with PH top

Fotos can be seen at http://photobucket.com/Ford_Quigley_van

This is my E150 conversion van with a penthouse top and bed, Quigley 4WD conversion, 115xxx miles. Interior is pretty plush: leather seats in front, 2 matching quick-release captains chairs in the middle, manually operated 3 person bench seat/bed in the back. As you can see from the fotos, it has a pretty good lift, 33 inch tires, all with less than 2000 miles on them and has plenty of clearance. The upstairs bed will sleep 2 adults very comfortably, the bench seat/bed is good for 2 kids. there is a tear on the drivers seat (see foto) as well as some loose stitching on the passenger seat. The captains chairs in the back are identical and are in perfect shape so a swop of the bases could be done if desired. It originally had a VCR/video game set-up with small LCD screens on the backs of all the captains chairs as well as several levels of 'mood' lighting. That has all been removed though the screens are still on the seats. The wooden console between the drivers seats is on quick release brackets.

The paint job is from a custom shop and I'm guessing the PO paid a pretty penny for it. It's not to my taste but I get plenty of admiring remarks at gas station so it's clearly not without some merit. I dented the rear passenger quarter miscalculating a rocky corner in Utah as you can see in one of the pictures, it is mostly underneath and so not terribly noticeable. There is also a small dent on the passenger side front door. There is some desert pin striping as well. The rear doors are not the originals. I had a trailer break loose not long after I got the van and the rear doors were damaged. The new ones did have opening windows. Overall it is in good shape for it's age and still looks good.

Mechanically it is in great shape. Everything works well and as it should. When I bought it I had quite a bit of work done, including new front rotors and wheel bearings as well as a new control unit for the ABS, a general engine service, serpentine belt, AC service and an alignment. The front end is a dana 44 from an F250 truck of the same period, the rear is the stock ford 8.8 inch diff. I had the rear springs reworked and an extra full leaf added. 4wd works perfectly and I am still amazed at how well the van deals with rough, loose and steep terrain.

The van is in Albuquerque, NM and the price is $10,000 even. The rack on the roof is NOT included but the rain gutter mounts will be there for your own rack. For those who feel the need to negotiate and get a better price, the van is $11,500 obo!

witoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 09:54 PM   #2

Re: 1995 Ford Quigley RB with PH top

I couldn't get the link to the pictures to work. Can you post it again?

Thanks

Gnarvan 1992 E350 Clubwagon
Advanced 4WD Systems Conversion

Sotar Legend 12.5' X 22" Cataraft
2003 BMW R1150GS-Adventure
2013 BMW R1200GS-Adventure
Gnarvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 07:20 AM   #3

You do have to copy it without the "< >" part. I tried it and it worked for me but maybe there is something going on. Try this:

http://s50.photobucket.com/albums/f306/ ... per%20van/
Old 07-09-2012, 10:03 AM   #4

Fixed. I've been out with Alex and the lighter 150 on 4x4 is pretty amazing- never felt more like a land tortoise in my 11,000 pounder. Admitting bias, this would be a great platform to build a minimalist van. And $12,600 is a very good price
Old 07-09-2012, 11:35 AM   #5

Maybe I missed it somewhere, but curious as to which engine this has? E4OD tranny, right? great setup at a great price.

...if I wasn't already married to my current homebuild...
Old 07-09-2012, 02:07 PM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockbender
...if I wasn't already married to my current homebuild...
Polygamy has its advantages.

Herb
Old 08-03-2012, 08:13 AM   #7

Like the Polygamy Porter beer says: you can't have just one...

Forgot to put the engine details in the ad, but it has the 5.8 V8 and the E40D.
Old 12-20-2012, 03:54 PM   #8

Still for sale? If so, please list some contact information.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:38 PM   #9

I too am interested in this vehicle, is it still available?
tuesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:28 PM   #10

Ah, sorry Tex, I missed your November post somehow. But yes, it is still for sale. I am taking my son up to Grants NM in the van this weekend so he can do the Mount Taylor Quadrathalon. I figure the 4x4 might be needed up there since we have had some snow in the last few days. He does this crazy race every year, at 16 this is his third year.

I do check this page regularly so this is probably the best place to start with inquiries.