Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-15-2020, 01:05 PM   #1

Garage
SOLD: 1996 7.3l 4x4 ext length Unicorn with 30" super camper top, loaded!!!!

So I never thought this day would come but I am thinking about selling my van that I have loved owning and put so much time and money into. I have 4 kids and its worked out great but I am thinking about moving into a F550 build (may regret the size). I am only selling my rig to help finance another project otherwise I would totally be keeping it. So on with the specs, I have many threads around here and have done a ton to this van mostly just to refresh it and I planned on keeping it forever, you know the story. Zero Rust and never driven in the salt.

Asking $57k

- Late 1996 Ford E350 ext length Sportsmobile (Texas build and spent most of its early life there)with 7.3l engine and Fiberine Super Camper top (currently has about 225k miles but I still drive it)
- Original Quigley 4x4 conversion that has been heavily modified with new adjustable torque arms (axle was pushed forward nearly 2" and caster AND camber can now be adjusted), new high steer setup with new tie rod and brackets, plus drag link and tie rod with Heims. Way better setup now that is really beefy and was professionally done by Agility Customs here in UT. Van can fit 35" tires without modification and 37" with a little fender trimming
- Brand new full RIP suspension package from Agile Offroad including their full custom to the weight of the van 8 spring leaf pack. So new leafs with higher ride height (ditched the lift blocks), Custom valved Fox 2.0 shocks, new front progressive springs, new Fox steering stabilizer with custom mounts to work with upgraded front end, and rear sway bar.
- Nearly new (8k miles ago) Dieselsite Legendary E4OD heavy duty transmission and billet torque converter filled with Amsoil. This is an amazing transmission that cost nearly $6k all said and done installed with 4r100 internals, all steel planitaries, etc, it will last forever and is way better than any stock or rebuilt ford unit and easily handles the extra weight of this van (10,600lbs worth fully loaded)
- About 16k miles ago I totally refreshed the engine and replaced just about every part I could find to keep it running forever, It didn't need anything but I wanted peace of mind. List includes but probably forgetting alot: New Injectors (kept it stock for reliability), new glow plugs, new OEM valve cover gaskets and wiring, new HPOP lines and new Terminator HPOP, oil rail crossover, new lift pump, totally rebuilt fuel bowl with new hoses, better clamps, viton orings, etc etc. New IPR, new ICP, new monster glow plug relay, rebuilt turbo with wicked wheel 2, full 4" exhaust, EBPV pedestal delete with high flow outlet, all new gaskets and seals, High output IDM, upgraded Denso starter (twice the size of stock), new alternator, new starter, new aux tank switch, and a bunch of other random parts and some more sensors (I spent $5-6k on just parts at least, probably more).
- All new brakes front and rear few thousand miles ago, calipers, pads, etc.
- 5 BFG KO2 tires 285/75r16 with good tread and american racing 16" Baja rims. (Planned on eventually going to 35' or 37" tires after all the suspension mods).
- Reunel steel rear bumper with 2 swing arms and integrated hitch, super heavy duty and works great.
- auxillary gas tank (holds about 60 gallons of diesel and I average about 14mpg no matter what the conditions (and Utah is hilly) so it has a range of over 800 miles).
- No solar but it has a propane generator mounted under the van with a push button start inside so its easy to fire up whenever you need full hookups (original generator only has 26 hours so It wasn't used much)
- 2 100AH AGM house batteries
- Maxxfan Deluxe roof vent (can be used while driving or in the rain)
- 20 gal clean water
- 8 gal grey water tank
- 3 gal hot water heater
- automatic propane air heater
- Undermounted Propane tank
- Quick connect propane socket for grills, fire pit, etc.
- all LED lighting
- newer high efficiency truckfridge that runs off 12v or 110v automatically
- Microwave
- Built in drink cooler (actually really handy to keep drink in it and food in the fridge).
- seats 8 in seat belts
- 2 beds sleeps 4-5 adults easily
- Tons and i mean tons of storage
- Sink and custom outdoor shower (hot and cold) out back in the licence plate location
- flat screen TV
- Day night shaded on all the windows
- Vinyl flooring
- Swivel passengers seat
- new running boards (not in the old pics)
- very unique and great floorplan (my favorite of any I have seen with lots of storage) with walk through out the rear.
- Rear AC unit, currently runs off the vehicle while driving but a lot of work has been done to it, with a new custom $500 condenser and it only needs a new rear compressor to run off 110v. All the lines have been run and are capped off ready to go if someone wanted to have ac running while on shore power or with the generator.

So that's about what I can think of for now, about the only thing that doesn't work is the radio, and the only reason is the radio harness got cut and I haven't been able to find a wire diagram or had time to sort it out myself, has a newer cd player with inputs etc though. I need to get some new pics when I get a chance but will post what I have for now.

nemesisnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 01:21 PM   #2

Garage
Will get and post up better pics this week when possible.
Old 03-15-2020, 02:48 PM   #3

Garage

Old 03-15-2020, 06:02 PM   #4

Always loved this build and everything you did to it. GLWS.

Please come back and drop a link here if you decide to do a build thread somewhere for your new F550 build. I'd love to follow along....
Old 03-16-2020, 12:02 PM   #5

Good luck... this is a nice van
Ron_Nunan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 02:59 PM   #6
MSD

Garage
Been meaning to ask if everything with the modified Quigley stuff is still working great. Think I may be taking a trip out to have them do the same thing this summer as I'd like to get the front axle out further on mine for a better ride. Good luck with sale. Someone will be getting a great van.
1997 E350 7.3l 2wd - Sold
MSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 09:00 PM   #7

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSD View Post
Been meaning to ask if everything with the modified Quigley stuff is still working great. Think I may be taking a trip out to have them do the same thing this summer as I'd like to get the front axle out further on mine for a better ride. Good luck with sale. Someone will be getting a great van.
Yea, it rides great now and I probably don't even need the steering stabilizer anymore but it's still on. You definitely should get it done, I am very happy with it all and how it turned out. Seems to be holding up great. Thanks for the compliments, I will be sad to see it go but think my new build will fit my needs perfectly.
Old 03-19-2020, 09:45 AM   #8

Garage
http://www.ksl.com/classifieds/listing/59273521

Link to local ad. I'll do $54k for forum members, got a lead on a truck so lowering the price $3k.
Old 03-22-2020, 09:19 PM   #9

That van is awesome! I am curious who makes the front sway bar? It’s looks like it is setup the way I would like to do mine!
rakinnear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 09:21 PM   #10

Does this have the old style dash? I can't remember what year they switched over.
rgaller is offline   Reply With Quote