Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-11-2016, 03:20 PM   #1

1997 Chevy Sportsmobile - 2 wheel drive and less than $10,000

Asking price is $9,999 (hee hee)

1997 Chevy 1500 Conversion Van with 203,000 miles. Rear wheel drive with the 5.7 liter (350 ci) V8 engine. Purchased last year with 192,000 miles. Since then I've done the following:

Replaced front brakes and rotors, replaced power steering pump, changed spark plugs, installed new stereo, replaced rear bump stops, replaced 2 swiveling lights, installed LED bulbs in overhead lights, installed night shades in all windows, replaced the house battery, and replaced the windshield wiper spray motor and tank.

The extras that I'll include are the Camp Chef propane stove, new propane cans, snow chains, hydraulic jack, and the awesome wicker basket for above the fridge (removed microwave)

The van just got done with a 3,000 mile road trip and currently needs an oil change/tire rotation, one of the interior florescent lights replaced, and a check engine light comes on sometimes after refueling but the code says it is fuel too rich which isn't a major concern. I am very happy with its mechanical condition and planned to keep it for a long time.

The body has plenty of dings as you can see. The awning and bracket are bent but it still functions nicely as I've used it a bunch in the past year. The interior is good especially since my wife cleaned and painted pieces. I fixed a lot of loose stuff, replaced broken latches, and replaced a water damaged cabinet piece. There is a sink with 4 gallon water tank that we use for cleaning dishes and brushing teeth. The water pump is a bit finicky so we rarely use it. The 2 cf Norcold fridge is old but it still works nicely. Lots of cabinets including a closet and the awesome pantry. Small gaucho converts to a bed. House battery is under the gaucho but nothing else so again there is tons of storage. Both front seats swivel. Penthouse top in great condition for its age although the gel coat on the top recently flaked off.

The van drives like a dream on the highway which is awesome. Shifts great and has a ton of power. The 2" hitch also includes a brake controller.

I have almost ALL the receipts from the van's history. It lived in Austin up until just last summer so there is NO rust at all. Sportsmobile did the conversion there in Austin.

That just about covers it. Please let me know if you have any questions and feel free to share with friends who would be interested. This van will not be going on Craigslist. This is a really special vehicle. Van is located in Arvada, Colorado.

Thanks,

Colin

simplesez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 05:04 PM   #2

Best avatar ever.

Good luck with the sale!

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 01:26 PM   #3

As requested, more photos:

She is very clean and drives wonderfully!
Old 08-22-2016, 12:27 PM   #4

Bump. Price reduction to $9800. Cookie is sitting in the street looking lonely.
Old 09-21-2016, 10:55 AM   #5

Price drop to $9600. My new Ski Doo shows up any day and I need the $$ to pay for it. Help a snow addict out!!
Old 11-01-2016, 04:13 PM   #6

Bump it up. Just installed new fuel pump and air filter. Running better now and no more check engine light. Did I mention it includes a stove and snow chains?
Old 02-17-2017, 08:53 AM   #7

SOLD!

(We are going to miss Cookie so much. That van kicked ass)

Tags
chevrolet, custom, penthouse, sportsmobile, vortec