1999 Ford E350 GTRV poptop camper V10 132,000 miles $22,900 OBO
I bought this 1999 GTRV Westy about a year ago from the 2nd owner who owned it for 15 years. You can tell by the condition inside and out that it was a garaged, well cared for van. Carfax is clean and shows regular mileage and maintenance. Extensive service records going back to 2003.
GTRV Westys are custom made, and very much like a Westfalia or a Sportsmobile RB50 plan. A huge advantage of Ford vans over a VW Westfalia is that just about any shop can service it and find parts for it anywhere in the country.
Most GTRVs are E150 light duty with 4.6 V8, but the first owner ordered the E350 Super Duty with v10, towing package, and full floating rear axle. See pics for the Ford factory order sheet.
Lots of Photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/QJQoBZzsk3LfcLCs1
GTRV Vs. Sportsmobile (SMB) in my experience having owned both:
• Cabinets are made of high quality plywood, not the pressed particle board SMB uses.
• Lower bed is a true queen side bed, SMB is only a double size.
• Upper bunk is wider than SMB
• Top profile is much lower and sleeker on the GTRV...great for stealth camping. However, the SMB T-shaped top definitely has more head space than the V-shaped GTRV top.
• Van upholstery quality is very similar, but poptop canvas is higher quality on the SMB.
• GTRVs have side popout window as standard, and the camper windows are larger.
• Excellent overall condition, people are surprised at its age!
• Van runs, drives, and shifts excellent and is very reliable. I’d trust it drive it anywhere.
• Fridge, stove, propane heater, sink and microwave all work great.
• Poptop canvas and windows are excellent with no tears
• Body is original paint but still shines up very nice.
• 132,000 miles
• No accidents, clean Carfax (send me your email for a .pdf)
• Cold AC
• Upholstery and flooring is excellent with no rips or tears
Maintenance done in past 5 years:
• 10 new spark plugs and coil connectors
• New brake rotors and pads front and rear (2 months ago, see pics)
• New front wheel bearings (2 months ago)
• new upper and lower ball joints
• Proper $330 alignment (with adjustable cams added) by I-beam specialist alignment shop (6 months ago)
• New Exide deep cycle house battery
• Bilstein HD gas shocks all around
• CorrecTrack rear wheel spacer kit (helps handling!)
• Moog 2” front lifting springs, 2” lifting spacers in rear leafs
• American Eagle 16x8 slot alloys made in USA
• Michelin LTX tires with 7000 miles on them, bought 10/2013
• Bushwacker fender flares
• Front and rear bumpers powdercoated black (plastic panels removed).
Located in Redlands, CA Asking $22,900. Open to offers but low ballers will be ignored.
I have a clean CA title in my name on hand.