Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-21-2018, 07:37 PM   #11

Oops! Missed the no downstairs bed. My bad.

BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 09:58 PM   #12

Garage
Given both front seats swivel something could be engineered (mashed together) to create a lower bed
MTADVENTUREVAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 09:32 AM   #13

Garage
A few tire kicks but nothing serious. Open to hear your thoughts/opinions on pricing. Also, open to suggestions on the best place to list my van for sale besides the forum? Craigslist? ebay? Others?

Thanks everyone! Spring time and road trips in Montana are just around the corner
Old 03-08-2018, 09:24 AM   #14

Very small audience here at SMB Forum...Craigslist and ebay are good options to get a super wide audience. Ebay is free until it sells, then $125 flat rate. Don't list it on more than one craigslist location or it will be flagged.

I think you have it priced very fairly...that is the cheapest full 4x4 Sportsmobile for sale right now that I know of.

SMB will make you a very nice bed for the front cab for about $500.

Reconsider keeping it. In my experience raising 2 kids with camper vans, the early potted plant phase of infants works great for van travel and camping! Staying at home will drive you and your wife nuts at this phase, best to get out and do stuff.

Around 2-3 years they become very mobile and become bratty on long trips, and camper vanning loses it's appeal fast. Then around 5 they love it again.
Attached Images

Poptopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 04:58 PM   #15

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poptopper View Post
Very small audience here at SMB Forum...Craigslist and ebay are good options to get a super wide audience. Ebay is free until it sells, then $125 flat rate. Don't list it on more than one craigslist location or it will be flagged.

I think you have it priced very fairly...that is the cheapest full 4x4 Sportsmobile for sale right now that I know of.

SMB will make you a very nice bed for the front cab for about $500.

Reconsider keeping it. In my experience raising 2 kids with camper vans, the early potted plant phase of infants works great for van travel and camping! Staying at home will drive you and your wife nuts at this phase, best to get out and do stuff.

Around 2-3 years they become very mobile and become bratty on long trips, and camper vanning loses it's appeal fast. Then around 5 they love it again.
This is some very sound and wise advice Thank you!

The front bed actually looks awesome for a young one!

Thank you for the insight- still back and forth on getting rid of it. Took it out of storage, cleaned it up and drove her around = fun

Cheers, Landon
Old 08-17-2018, 12:16 PM   #16

Garage
I have yet to post this on Craigs. Anyone on the Forum have interest?

Cheers.
Old 08-17-2018, 10:17 PM   #17

Hadn’t heard from you in 5 months, I thought it was sold. I would be interested but need to sleep 4 at least. Good luck!
Grampswrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 11:36 PM   #18

Garage
Thanks! A few trips this spring and I lost interest in pursuing a sale. Funny enough we have used it more for road trips where we are staying in a cabin or friends places versus camping/sleeping in the van. It's comfortable travel with the little one in the rear seat, fridge, sink, storage etc.

That's mostly why I'm seeing if there is interest again. We've used it more as a people and gear mover rather than a camper.
Old 08-10-2019, 11:41 AM   #19

Garage
NOW Officially For Sale 4x4 SMB

After a few fun trips last summer and two successful rentals utilizing the RV rental platform, Outdoorsy.com our beloved SMB is now OFFICIALLY for sale. More specifically it is now listed on Craigslist, has had a professional detail, and was subject to a photoshoot under a classic Missoula Montana sunset

2000 Chevy Express 3500 w/ 350 Vortec Gas - 163.5k miles - Sportsmobile Conversion - Advanced 4x4 System Conversion - $32,100

-I am the third owner

With another addition to the family in the distant future we decided we'd get serious about a sale before summer escaped the northwest. This is the first time we've pursued a sale other than listing it on the forum last winter.

All details pretty much remain the same except for slightly higher mileage, which at the time of writing this is at 163,619 - The $410 detail (), which included an exterior buff and interior shampoo really brought the van to life... and also me removing our camping/cooking/recovery gear

I'd be open to a discounted price for forum members either directly or as a referral discount if you know a party interested -- at a $1,000 discount

I tried my best to provide an accurate visual demonstration regarding the condition of the interior and exterior. Of course it has some wear and tear inside and out- it's just about to have its 20th birthday afterall. With that being said I have never had a mechanical breakdown or experienced any problematic issues with the van or its conversions. If you'd like any more detailed or specific photos/videos just let me know.

Google Drive photo gallery, https://drive.google.com/drive/folde..._y?usp=sharing

Exterior walk-around video,

<iframe width="460" height="215" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VvU_pHFhzGE" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Interior walk-around video,

<iframe width="460" height="215" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-FR7Kir-hYc" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Craigslist ad, https://missoula.craigslist.org/cto/...953720453.html

Cheers everyone,

Landon
406-544-94842

-Sportsmobile Conversion (manual pop top and full RV buildout)
-All appliances in working order (two burner cooktop, refrigerator, heater, microwave, sink, A/C)
-Exterior is in good condition with scuffs, chips and dents here and there. Typical of a vehicle with 163.5k miles

Specs:

-4x4 Conversion: Advanced Four Wheel Drive System of Salt Lake, done: 09/2006
-10-Ply Tires (fair condition)
-Poptop: Sportsmobile (manual, non-electric)
-Sportsmobile RV conversion (carpet, moldings, curtains, seating, cabinets, appliances, windows etc)
-Suburban forced air furnace
-Microwave
-Fridge/Freezer
-Secondary A/C system
-Sink
-Fresh water tank
-Electric water pump
-Two Burner Cooktop
-House Battery (under sink, two years old, 98ah gel)
-Breaker box
-Converter/charger
-Undermount Gray water tank for sink
-City water hookup
-30 AMP RV style exterior plug for shore power
-Two swivel front captains chairs
-Rear single removable swivel captain seat with belt
-Undermount propane tank
-Hitch and wiring for 4-way

Most interior lighting has been converted to LED lights.

Please inquire if you have specific questions about options or items in the van.

This has been an awesome van to have for our family of four- two adults, one child and our border collie. We love throwing a weekend's worth of gear in the back (so much cabinet space) and just hitting the road in comfort. The pass through to the back is super convenient for checking on the little and having a refrigerator and sink on demand while on the go is remarkably handy. We generally head to a few lakes around Western Montana and when we arrive it's so nice to pop the top and have a place to cook, change, relax- it's our basecamp while we're on the go. It's also setup and ready to go for extended road/adventure trips.

I am looking replace this van with a van than can seat four.

The van turns heads everywhere it goes. Be prepared to answer a few questions about it while stopping for gas. It always makes me laugh when people throw me a thumbs up on the road when passing by. For this reason I have used it as a promotion vehicle for a yearly event. I park it and set up our table and it brings in a steady line of onlookers curious about what's inside (see attached picture).

Additionally, I have successfully rented the van out for extra income. During the summer of 2018 I secured two week long rentals. It was listed on Outdoorsy.com (you can also opt to use Turo.com) I limited the miles the van could travel away from Missoula to give me peace of mind. Both renters put less than 400 miles each on the van while it was out and the experience was very positive and the extra cash was a big help. With a 1.5 year old around and both my wife and I working busy schedules I opted to not rent it out any longer. I'm sure you could secure 4-6 rentals a year if you choose to do so (see attached pictures).

All systems- mechanical and conversions are in great working condition. This van is ready to hit the road immediately. I wouldn't hesitate to load up and start a cross country or extended regional adventure.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20190809_194819.jpg   IMG_20190809_195522.jpg   IMG_20190809_201333.jpg   IMG_20190810_080057.jpg   IMG_20190809_200815.jpg  

Old 08-10-2019, 05:18 PM   #20

Garage
The layout is perfect for a family of 3 - don't come across that 3rd seat option very often.