2000 Ford E350 former NBC News Van
Custom build by ENG for NBC at a cost of $150K+
Serviced every other month for over 10 Years - Carfax report shows 80 Service visits during it's News Career
As a TV News van it was outfitted with the highest quality components for reliable reporting:
Interior and Exterior electrical outlets- both shore power and generator power
Full custom aluminum roof rack by ENG that can handle anything
Onboard generator to power all the lights-camera-action!
I bought the van in 2014 and converted it into an luxury/rugged rig for any/all Adventures- and it is amazing...it has taken me all over in safety and comfort...skiing in Kirkwood snow storms, camping and Mtn biking from Chico to Death Valley to the Grand Canyon...multiple weeks in the Nevada desert (BRC)...it is a 1 ton rig and tows anything and everything with ease
* $3,700 ActionVan custom suspension , installed in SoCal by Action Van directly Action Van Suspension - We make driving a van fun again! Ford Van Lift Kits. Bolt on kits for your E-Series Ford Van.
* $1,000 Solar Panel, ChargeController, Deep Cell batteries
* $2,000 Custom leather driver/passenger seats, Custom 6foot vinyl bench that pulls out into a bed (Front leather have full swivel steel base)
* New full stereo system with touch screen, back-up camera, subwoofer, hands free phone, 6 speakers
* Dual AC - dash AC blows ice cold, Roof AC runs off generator or shore power and blows cold as well
* Enough roof lights to light up a small town (roof bar light, side lights, rear lights)
* Onan 5500W generator (needs tune-up, had new carb and tune-up done for $1,100 a few years ago)
* Dual deep cell batteries that are charged by Solar and Alternator only 2 years old ($500)
* $500 Brake Controller
* Front and Rear trailer hitches, one Thule bike rack included
I am sure there is a ton more...but that is enough if you are in the market for this type of Adventure Van.
Miles- It currently has 222K....I believe I have put about 25K on it since I have owned it. It has the Triton V10 that is known for going well into the 300K and 400K range with normal maintenance. The only repair in the 7 years that I have owned it, a $170 fuel injector - Super Reliable. What does it need - it should get new tires at some point, Generator tune-up, and a fuse or two to get some of the small exterior lights going again, a few replacement plastic vents for interior roof AC (all easy/cheap and on Amazon)...that is about it. I will get it smogged before sale.
With the custom suspension, it has great visibility, drives like a minivan, is quiet inside due to all the insulation, and it parks in a normal parking spot.
Many page CarFax report
Clean inside and out and ready to go. (It is washed and waxed- but the pics probably make it look nicer than it is- I am a realist...it has dings, some scratches and a few small spots of peeling paint...it gets dirty and has plenty of character from it's Adventures- but it is a great deal- you could never come close to building something like this for $22K ...the roof rack alone was probably $10-15K
More pics in CL Ad -