Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-22-2009, 05:36 PM   #1

2000 E350 RB 7.3 PSD 4X4 Quigley Sportsmobile

Hello Everyone, I have finally realized that my project just isn't going to get done. I have set up a web page on my site with the details about this Van. I will add details, take more pics, or answer any questions you might have. Please take the time to check out this great opportunity for someone.

http://www.xericworld.com/forums/vbc...hp?do=ad&id=11

Thanks, Allen Repashy

LanceCarbuncle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 09:46 AM   #2

Re: 2000 E350 RB 7.3 PSD 4X4 Quigley Sportsmobile

Hello Everyone,

I have been receiving a lot of questions and requests for more information on my Van. I have been editing and adding info, but plan on taking more pics and doing a major revision this weekend. If anyone has suggestions as to things I might be leaving out, such as missing photo angles, descriptions, etc, I would appreciate the coaching. I haven't sold anything like this before and I didn't think about the fact that most of the buyers can't just drive across town to look at it. Everyone so far has been quite far away...

Thanks, Allen
Old 08-25-2009, 11:06 AM   #3
Site Team

Good luck on the sale.

Shopping for a vehicle virtually can be challenging, as can selling one. I've been on both ends of that spectrum.

Have lots of patience, be prepared to answer the same questions over and over again, be prepared to get tired of all the offers from deposed Nigerian royalty, be prepared for lowball offers, be prepared for ridiculous trade offers, be prepared for offers that fall through at the last minute, accept only cash or maybe a direct wire transfer. Any kind of check (certified, cashiers, personal,...) can be fraudulant.

All that said, you're able to reach an international market which increase your chances of a succesful sale.

Including your approximate location may help.

Herb
Old 08-26-2009, 09:41 AM   #4

Hello Herb,

Thanks for the words of wisdom, I am updating my ad based on the questions I am getting in order to avoid answering the same questions over and over. I did already add the location to the top of the ad (Bonsall Ca. which is North San Diego County) I am going to take another round of photo's based on the plethora of questions I have received, and update the ad again on Saturday.

Allen
Old 08-26-2009, 11:47 AM   #5

Great looking van. I am interested in the van and am looking forward to seeing the photos of the top up. This would be a great project to work on and like you mentioned, I cant drive over to look at it all the way from Colorado.

Thanks.
supermoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 07:33 PM   #6

I got a head start on Saturday and took another round of photo's and updated the first section a bit.

I hope people can open the ad without their computer exploding. I think there are near 90 photo's now.

Saturday I will actually install the seatbacks and the table piece that creates the rear bed from the dinette and snap some more pics.... and write again.. I will give a detailed list of "what it needs to be finished" according to my plan at least.... since that seems to be the biggest question.

Allen
Old 08-28-2009, 02:01 PM   #7

Hey Allen What's your number I live in San Diego. The van still or sale? I want to check it out this sunday?

Al
619-723-0094
biggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 02:31 PM   #8

Still here!

Sunday is the first day I will be able to show the Van, and I have a couple of local's scheduled to come by. I am going to spend the day Saturday gathering up all the various parts, pieces, and do a little detailing, as well as cut out some seatbacks and a dinette top to my measurements so people can see how my floorplan comes together...

Getting all this stuff together is a bit depressing actually because I am realizing how close it is to actually being finished. An inverter, some new batteries, solar charging system and a couple of days of wiring and plumbing, and I could be heading south of the border. If I don't get a quick sale for it, I just might have to finish it, take a couple trips and sell it later.
Old 08-30-2009, 02:33 PM   #9

Well everyone,

Pending a trip to the Bank tomorrow, the Van has been sold locally to someone who has been looking for a project just like this. I will let them speak up here if they want to claim the Van. I am happy to have sold it in less than a week with multiple offers, but sad to see her go at the same time. It will be nice to still have it around town, and possibly get a visitation once she is done to see how the new owner finished things off.

Thanks for making this forum available for me to find it's new owner.

Allen Repashy