Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-13-2017, 05:27 PM   #11
Site Team

The right vehicle, especially a uncommon vehicle, is worth a fly/drive.

While in California, I traveled to Arizona for my Bronco, to Washington state for my Toyota FJ60 with a Chevy 350, to Washington state for my VW Passat TDI, and to Arkansas for my 7.3L Excursion.

While in New Mexico, I traveled to Florida for my Crown Vic Police Interceptor.

I drove all these vehicles back home, and still own all of them except the FJ60.

Herb

Old 02-13-2017, 05:40 PM   #12

Extremely interested

PM Sent !
Hammack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 06:27 PM   #13

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyh View Post
Shenrie, it is funny, I'm just a few hours from Augusta. Did you fly and drive? If this van was within a day's drive I would be headed that way. Google puts it over 30 hours drive time, and I'm pretty swamped at work right now, but thinking of flying out anyway.
it was an adventure for sure... wed been looking for 6+ months with zero luck. the day we decided to settle for the first 4wd van we found ours popped up with everything we were after. called up the dealer and lady we talked too was awesome and was very willing to work with us, so we started planning. we had a friend thats a pharmaceutical rep with a billion air miles and she gave us enough to fly to atlanta. from there i met up with a guy ive been talking to on a smb style forum for civic wagons and offered to buy him an airport lunch since wed never actually met in person cause i had a 3.5 hour layover. instead he offered to drive us the rest of the way so we could bs a little longer. he helped me look over van then invited us to stay the night. we bought them dinner for their help but declined the stay and got on road. drove straight through to evergreen colorado which was 23 hours iirc, and stayed with an uncle for a few days and got caught up with sleep, then pressed on to idaho falls. stayed with family there for a day or 2 then jammed home to boise. it was well over 30 hours total, but we took a detour to see family that added a few hours. still glad we did it. was definitely an adventure we wont forget
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 11:23 PM   #14

How many miles does an engine like this have in it?
noreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 06:51 AM   #15

Lots.

That's a phenomenal deal IMO. Someone better act fast!
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 08:59 AM   #16

It's been well taken care of. Future mileage would depend on future care.
Idaho Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 09:00 AM   #17

It's been well taken care of, future mileage would depend on future care. It is running great right now and doesn't burn any oil.
Old 02-14-2017, 11:08 AM   #18

Shenrie,
Thanks for all your help. Did I see your van at the downtown YMCA this morning?
Bob
Old 02-14-2017, 11:13 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoHauler View Post
The right vehicle, especially a uncommon vehicle, is worth a fly/drive.

While in California, I traveled to Arizona for my Bronco, to Washington state for my Toyota FJ60 with a Chevy 350, to Washington state for my VW Passat TDI, and to Arkansas for my 7.3L Excursion.

While in New Mexico, I traveled to Florida for my Crown Vic Police Interceptor.

I drove all these vehicles back home, and still own all of them except the FJ60.

Herb
I flew down to Sportsmobile in Austin, TX on a weekend in 2000 after this van was customized. My wife and I turned around that day and began driving back to Boise because she had to go back to work.
Old 02-14-2017, 11:17 AM   #20

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaho Bob View Post
Shenrie,
Thanks for all your help. Did I see your van at the downtown YMCA this morning?
Bob

^^^ of course, happy to help however I can! wont say im not sorry to see you selling though. just surprised I havent seen you around before. its a big rig that would normally catch my eye. any idea what your replacing the van with?

negative on my van at the dt y. I avoid dt like the plague, lol.
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
4x4, extended body, for sale, ford e350, penthouse top