Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-02-2021, 03:26 PM   #1

SOLD: 2001 4x4 E250 ext with pop top

Asking price $29000. I purchased this van from a member of the forum in 2013 and have enjoyed the combo of access provided by the 4x4 as well as the luxury camping provided by the Sportsmobile conversion. My girlfriend and I travelled in the van full time for over a year, seeing most of the country and exploring the outdoors, but the van hasn’t been getting much use for the past few years. We have decided to sell the van to someone else who will continue to take it out for adventures. The van is currently registered in South Dakota, but I’m on a farewell tour with the van in the Southwest and currently located in Las Vegas, NV.
The Van:
White 2001 Ford E250 Extended Cargo Van; Seats 5 with seatbelts
• 5.4L V8 engine with 178xxx miles
• 4x4 Conversion done by Agile Off Road 08/2013 (Push button electric switch between Hi and Low range, locking Warn hubs, limited slip rear differential, Fox 2.0 front/rear shocks, etc.)
• Regular maintenance performed @ 5,000 mile intervals since I owned it. Radiator replaced @ 136,232 miles; 4 new LT285/75R16 Nitto Terra Grappler tires installed @152,639 miles (2018); new rear brake rotors, calipers, pads @165,612 miles (2018); new ball joints, repacked wheel bearings, replaced a defective shock, and alignment done @166,200 miles (2018); new front ABS sensors, bearings, brake rotors, calipers and pads and alignment done @176,614 (2021); Transmission, power steering, and coolant fluids replaced along with starting battery and plugs/wires 11/2020
• Viper alarm system with keyless entry
• Kenwood touchscreen HD stereo receiver with Bluetooth/Apple Carplay/Android Auto/Sirius XM/Spotify/Pandora/front and rear camera capability
• Rear camera installed for added visibility
• Power windows/mirrors/door locks
• Cruise control
• Heat and AC work (see issues below)
• Locking gas cap
• Rear Class IV hitch receiver with brake controller
• Full size matching spare mounted on Aluminess driver's side rear swing arm carrier
• Thule tracks/towers/crossbars on roof with Yakima cargo box

The Sportsmobile Class B RV Conversion:
I don't have the original Sportsmobile invoice, but based on the age of everything, I expect it was done when the van was new or a few years old. The floor plan is a walk thru design without a bathroom. We wanted as much storage space as possible for our long trip and planned to spend most of our time away from hook-ups and dump stations, so we made some additional modifications. We removed the fresh-water system (which wasn’t 4 season) to allow us to use jugs and a rechargeable battery operated drop-in pump/shower as our faucet, so there is currently no fresh water system on-board. We also removed the on-board propane stove and used a Coleman two burner stove instead to have flexibility to cook outside. Solar system was added to allow us to charge the battery while parked, but the generator is still there if needed. Here are the features of the build:

Living/Sleeping; Sleeps 4 total
• Swivel driver and passenger leather manual adjusting front seats.
• Manual Penthouse top with full-size bed platform sleeps 2. Five large windows with zippers and bug mesh/privacy shades. Roof hardware re-sealed/waterproofed and U tube bolts replaced 03/13/2018.
• Gaucho seats 3 with seatbelts and folds out to a full-size bed for 2. Two thirds of space under gaucho is open for storage
• Slide-out pantry
• 2 large cabinets in the rear, 2 smaller cabinets under the counter, 1 smaller cabinet next to the gaucho, 1 small cabinet in rear
• 3 drawers under the counter; Flip-up counter top extension
• Small storage shelf above sink
• Open storage space (46" wide x 24" deep x 48" tall or 31cf) in rear of van
• Fiamma F45 manual awning on passenger side

Kitchen
• 4CF Norcold Refrigerator with small freezer compartment (12v/110v)
• Sink that drains into gray water tank
Utilities
• Rear Starcool AC
• Rear Suburban Propane Furnace (thermostat replaced 9/14/18)
• 5.5 Gallon propane tank mounted underneath vehicle (main propane line replaced 9/14/18)
• External Quick Disconnect low pressure propane fitting to run a grill or stove
• Gray water tank mounted under vehicle (unsure of size, maybe 15-20Gal)
• Samlex 150W monocrystalline roof mounted solar panel with 30Amp solar charge controller (installed on 8/31/17)
• Two 90AH (180AH total) Lead-Acid Deep Cycle Batteries mounted in compartments under the rear of the van (installed 1/21). These charge via solar, alternator, generator, or shore power.
• Onan Microlite 2.8kw gas powered generator mounted underneath van with 213 hours; runs off of vehicle fuel tank; new carburetor installed, air filter and oil changed 7/25/17; new exhaust pipe installed 10/3/18 (see issues below)
• Two 12v interior outlets
• One exterior 110v outlets; 5 interior 110v outlets
• Shore Power Connection with 30Amp power convertor/charger
• Three interior florescent area lights
• Three interior directional LED spot lights

Safety
• Smoke detector
• Fire extinguisher
• Carbon monoxide detector
• LP gas detector

Extras
• 2 Seat covers for the front seats
• Fitted reflectix inserts for all windows
• 2.5 ton bottle jack
• Long-handled 1/2" drive socket wrench with proper socket to remove lug nuts
• Shore power cable with adapter for regular wall outlets

Known Issues
• Leak in roof at edge of pop top. Not a problem when top is down, but leaks during substantial rain when top is popped.
• AC/Heat fan quits blowing when vehicle is accelerating up-hill (AC, heat and fan work fine when idling or when coasting).
• Generator motor currently not running. Problem with the choke. Will turn over and starts if you adjust choke manually, but the choke linkage is not working.
• Some minor rust where paint is chipped on hood and roof above cab and on propane access door. Some surface rust on things under the van (exhaust pipe, suspension, etc).
• There is a small dent in the driver's rear panel and scrapes on passenger side rear panel. These were from minor low speed backing mishaps.
• Power door lock switches not functioning; must use key fob or manually lock. Rear door is manual locking only.
• Two tears in pop top canvas; patched in 2018 and no leaks.
• Florescent light over sink is missing cover
• When I bought the van it had a salvage title due to past history of vehicle theft and insurance claim pay out before recovery. When I titled the vehicle after purchase it was given a regular title.

I have title in hand. I will only accept cash or cashier's check from a local bank. I can't finance or accept payments. Vehicle is sold As Is. Buyer should arrange for their own inspection prior to sale. Please call or text 6 0 five 5 1 seven one 7 7 one.
Attached Thumbnails
20180326_073530 - Copy.jpg   20180908_093123 - Copy.jpg  

kmunderground is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 03:36 PM   #2

Did I miss the asking price?
Grampswrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 03:43 PM   #3

I guess my cut and paste had a little too much cut. $29,000
Old 03-02-2021, 03:51 PM   #4

Good deal on a 4x4. Good luck with the sale.
Grampswrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 05:44 PM   #5

This is an awesome van. I am super tempted to jump back in at a great price.
rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 08:01 PM   #6

And with an Agile conversion, too!
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 11:11 AM   #7

Garage
Yep, Great price...leaves a new owner a $15 - $20K cushion for personal upgrades/updates that you'd probably pay for with another contender at market value.
Old 03-03-2021, 11:35 AM   #8

Any plans to be in San Diego?
Old 03-03-2021, 11:59 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardifftodd View Post
Any plans to be in San Diego?
No plans at this time. FYI, currently working on a deal with someone pending vehicle inspection.

Kelly
Old 03-05-2021, 02:33 PM   #10

Just took a deposit and hope to have sale finalized next week.