Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-14-2020, 09:16 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrull View Post
Wow a rare photo with Jeff's pop top up!
True enough, but the wife was along. When she's aboard, the top is always up.

Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 10:15 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctictraveller View Post
Wow, I get asked that question all the time and I usually just reply, I"m 6ft 4in and there's plenty of room for me, that has satisfied everyone so far. Your answer was way better.
I went in details as it's on a for sale post but if you had just asked me I would have answered "I can jump in it without hitting my head" but I ain't 6'4", hahaha!

And Jeff, not wanting to derail my own classified post but here's the new project I've been working on these last few weeks to replace AmbuLand...

Cheers
David
Attached Thumbnails
20200515_163028.jpg  
1965 Econoline Travelwagon
A few bicycles...and sandals ;)
Abitibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 07:45 AM   #13

Whoa! Surprised to hear you are selling but looks like it's more like upgrading. Good luck with the sale. I bet it won't take long. Such a cool rig and one of my long time favorites as well.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 08:17 AM   #14
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abitibi View Post
I went in details as it's on a for sale post but if you had just asked me I would have answered "I can jump in it without hitting my head" but I ain't 6'4", hahaha!

And Jeff, not wanting to derail my own classified post but here's the new project I've been working on these last few weeks to replace AmbuLand...

Cheers
David

Well since you're derailing your own thread, what are your plans for this one, RTT, penthouse,...?

Herb
Old 05-16-2020, 11:24 PM   #15

As long as I get back on track later on I don't mind to derail a little

On this one I'm raising the roof by 4" and building a custom poptop. Only reason I'm selling the previous one is that this one is a little larger (5" wider and 14" longer). Not a huge difference but with the kiddos growing up the extra space will come handy. On the down side it won't be as capable in rough terrain with the added wheelbase length.

When I'm a little further ahead with my build I'll start a post here but for now I'm putting this post back on track, lol.

Cheers
David
Old 05-17-2020, 11:28 AM   #16

It appears the the pop up is a rooftop tent with the bottom cut out? If so do you plan on the same with your new one. Any pics on how you did this one? If so can you post links? Good luck on the sale this seems very capable and practical off road !
Vanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 01:33 PM   #17

Hi Vanimal

Indeed, it was a brand new James Baroud RTT that I cut the floor off. If you go to my build thread on this sister forum it starts around page 26, plenty of pictures.

https://www.expeditionportal.com/for...thread.103768/

For the new one I will be building the box from scratch, likely plywood, fiberglass and aluminum.

Cheers and thanks!
Old 05-19-2020, 09:08 PM   #18

Great good luck. I had a pop up lined up back in Jan for $3000 from a member here, we shook hands on it in person at the Santiago Cyn hook up. When I called in Jan he said he was not ready so I waited, texted still waited then Covid 19 hit.
I just checked with the guy he said he was offered $4500 but if I wanted he would honor his agreement but at $4000. WTF!!! Nice Hun! I do not want to mention the name but if It does not work out for me I just may for other members sake!
Vanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 11:11 AM   #19

That's bad Karma heading his way, no cool. Might be worth building your own as well...
Old 06-05-2020, 10:57 AM   #20

Hey guys, I've had a few inquiries from California. If the borders open as predicted on June 21 anyone knows if my van can be imported there given the smog and all other regulations?

And curious what you guys think of my asking price? I look at some other similar SMB on the web and their asking price often seems steeper than mine (or sold for higher than my asking g price)! A lot of them will also need injectors (& more) done given their mileage. I've replaced & upgraded everything on mine so I know it won't need any major servicing for another 200k miles, something to keep in mind...

Also a bunch of them have Quigley while mine is an Agile conversion and they really don't compare.

And so much more... extra room for same footprint, full aluminum box, full 2" insulation, etc.

Am I missing something here?

Thanks in advance!
David

Tags
4x4, 7.3l diesel, agile offroad, poptop