Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-30-2020, 03:10 PM   #11
MSD

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazzboy13 View Post
Thanks for the lecture dad, I’ll take my postings somewhere else. Sure seems the Sportsmobile world has changed from a tightly knit group to a bunch of tightly wound ******** that have nothing better to do than sit on their asses and be the internet police. Get a life! Maybe go wrench on your Sportsmobile or go camping!
Ok. GLWS

1997 E350 7.3l 2wd - Sold
MSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 03:18 PM   #12

2001 EB50 7.3 119k miles

@Lazzboy3 lighten up a bit and see it from the perspective of those of us who have been active here for years and see this sort of post almost once a week, usually from someone new to the forum who comes in to post a van for sale and then disappears. If you have been around this forum for any amount of time you’d quickly realize this is a hugely helpful and friendly group of people. Getting all pissy at people right away is not cool or fair.
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 03:34 PM   #13

Garage
Quote:
...Obviously, I could say something less PC, but trying to remain professional unlike you.
Quote:
Thanks for the lecture dad, I’ll take my postings somewhere else. Sure seems the Sportsmobile world has changed from a tightly knit group to a bunch of tightly wound ******** that have nothing better to do than sit on their asses and be the internet police. Get a life! Maybe go wrench on your Sportsmobile or go camping!
Hum, impressive restraint - lasted all of 90 minutes.
Old 07-30-2020, 08:05 PM   #14

Old 07-31-2020, 09:02 AM   #15

At least tell us where you’re going to post it so we can come see some pics and the price!
Grampswrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 12:11 PM   #16

Quote:
@Lazzboy13, I can relate that it’s frustrating to get hit with what feels like a lecture when you were looking for some insight without needing to provide a lot of specificity. You did get at least one ballpark response so I hope that was helpful.

From a new SMB owner who bought off this forum, I’d like to share that the specifics really do matter. I lurked for a long time and when I was to the point I was ready to jump in I had researched most of the Ford SMBs that had been sold in the last two years. A key part of my criteria, in addition to pictures and details in the ad itself, was the data I could find on what kind of attitude the previous owner had to the SMB. I was fortunate to buy a vehicle from someone who had been posting here for years with pictures of repairs and enhancements—I could tell he took great care of his SMB and I could trust that I wasn’t going to immediately face mechanical problems that would turn something awesome into a nightmare.

You have lots of options to sell your vehicle, and I wish you luck. Personally, at this point I would be steering clear of your vehicle just because your fuze was so short....it makes me wonder about what it would be like to deal with you as a seller. Since I’m no longer in the market, it’s no skin off your nose, I’m just sharing the impact of this back and forth on me. Best of luck when you decide to sell.
Old 07-31-2020, 01:40 PM   #17

It is times like this that I like to refer back to this post by the founder: Keeping the Forum Healthy: Help Vampires

-greg
Scalf77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 01:47 PM   #18

Garage
If it’s anywhere around me I’d be happy to go get pix and post them up for people to see.
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 03:20 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalf77 View Post
It is times like this that I like to refer back to this post by the founder: Keeping the Forum Healthy: Help Vampires

-greg
Love that post. Can we just get some stickies then please? It would help us be able to link a help vampire to the information directly. I like organization too much.

Again, a standard for selling a vehicle post would be so amazing! Like this for example

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app
simplesez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 03:49 PM   #20

Quote:
I have a 2001 EB50 with 119k miles 4x4 Quigley package with upgraded Agile suspension overhaul done that I’m considering selling. It has the 7.3L Diesel motor. With several other upgrades. Looking to find out what these are going for now days. This rig is in excellent shape. Pics available upon request.

Inverter
Pop top
Large refer
Exterior shower
Water heater
Transfer flow fuel tank 55 gal. Capacity
Ruenel bumpers
Winch
Hella lights
Recently upgraded sound system
Rhino lined rocker panel

Both interior and exterior are in excellent shape.

Not enough info. My 2000 transfer flow tank just sprung a leak this year. So pictures are worth a thousand words. Maybe just post pics.
tortorelli is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
7.3 diesel, eb50, for sale